diy solar

diy solar

Is it normal for new batteries to not fully charge?

Ron62

I just upgraded my batteries to EG4 server rack they arrived at about 26 volts two out of 4 doc lights lit. I hooked them to my system yesterday. Today they won’t charge above around 27 volts. I have them set to 28.5 I called signature solar they said it’s normal and they just need to cycle a couple weeks and they will correct themselves. Is this normal ? Also I’m running 2 midnight solar 150 controllers should I set them to 50 amps each or 100? The guy at signature said 100 but that means 200 amps will go into the buss bar right? I just want to be sure this was a big investment for me. I’ve been off grid 10 years but these are my first lithium batteries It’s 6 EG4 batteries. Thanks

Using voltage for the s.o.c can be deceiving. Allow the batteries to cycle for a few weeks and see what you get. S.S. is a good co. And are likely to take care of any issues you may have.
As far as charge rates... completely your choice. Lifepo batteries can take a lot of power quickly. Go by the battery spec. Or less for the first month and you should be happy with your purchase.

Assuming the vendor is saying the cells need time to internally balance with each other I would look to slow down the top charge. Maybe run one controller at 100 to 26.5 volts and the second at 20-25 amps up to 28 volts. Once the voltage comes up regularly put both on max assuming all is within specification and design.

Assuming the vendor is saying the cells need time to internally balance with each other I would look to slow down the top charge. Maybe run one controller at 100 to 26.5 volts and the second at 20-25 amps up to 28 volts. Once the voltage comes up regularly put both on max assuming all is within specification and design.
Thanks

Back