diy solar

diy solar

IS IT POSSIBLE ?

solarpowernow

Hello,

I am new at this and learning.
Wondering if the new 6000XP system can do the following ?

1) With review and after proper configuration, I would like the solar system to provide power to the house during sunny day and charge the batteries for night use.
2) If during the battery mode and it gets low, the system will switch to grid to power the house until morning come where it switches back to the solar system using the sun, and charge the batteries, the cycle continues.

Is it possble with the new 6000XP.? if not what should I be looking at ?
The diagram below looks like it can work, but i don't for sure.

Thank you so much in advance.

1705446493110.png

Short answer is yes. This unit will not be grid interactive so you can not sell back to grid. It will use the grid as a source for charging the battery if it goes below a defined State of Charge.

You will want to wire in such a way you have a critical loads panel or a transfer switch to select between grid or 6000xp and put the 6000xp between your meter (with disconnect) and main panel.

Short answer is yes. This unit will not be grid interactive so you can not sell back to grid. It will use the grid as a source for charging the battery if it goes below a defined State of Charge.

You will want to wire in such a way you have a critical loads panel or a transfer switch to select between grid or 6000xp and put the 6000xp between your meter (with disconnect) and main panel.

Thank you for the answer and suggestion.
I do not wish to sell back the excess power generated by my solar system to the grid as they can dictate what I can or cannot have. Instead, I want to utilize the grid as a secondary source of power only when my system's charge level goes below a pre-defined threshold. This means that the grid will be used on rare occasions, such as long cloudy or rainy days, or exceptionally hot days when the air conditioning is used beyond its normal capacity - 24/7 - lol.
I am going to look into the critical load panel or smart panel to monitor and manage the switch.

Back