diy solar

diy solar

Is it practical to use golf carts with a large 15KWh batteries in a home Hybrid Solar system?

I was terrified that the resistors would become a fire hazard at the increased voltage! :LOL:

Well, i did say my cart had caught fire.. lol

I just should have rewired the resistor block and improved the connections a bit before letting 'normies' operate the cart at part throttle for long periods (BORING!!).

But what I am going to do now which is probably sillier is use 3 large solenoids to switch the pack from 2x24v in parallel, to 2x 24 in series (48v) only at max throttle which bypasses the resistor block and goes straight to motor. The thing moves around just fine on 24v anyway.

"Is it practical..."? The only issue I see is if you do that, not only will you have to say to SWMBO "Sorry dear, I'm off to play golf, see you later"... you'll now have to say "Sorry dear, I'm off to play golf, so you won't be able to boil the kettle or watch TV... oh and... see you later" :eek::ROFLMAO:

It was my understanding that the golf carts would provide additional capacity to the system.
Not be the sole capacity.

Back