diy solar

diy solar

Is it reasonable to buy Lishen cells off AliExpress right now?

williaty

I'd like to make a 280Ah 12V-nominal battery for my camper based off Will's video about the Lishen cells but with an Overkill BMS instead of the Daly. However, I see some chatter on here about a particular Lishen buy taking half a year for delivery. If I use the link that Will put in the video description, is it reasonable to expect a sub-2-month delivery time to Ohio or am I likely to wait until 2022?

I don’t think wait times are going to get any shorter in the near future, prices are going to continue increasing as well. If you want something, you should move on it.

The question would be whether to use Lishen and AliExpress.

Right now I would choose EVE and one of the trusted AliBaba providers. I've seen too many people getting bad results from AliExpress and have seen a few leak problems reported for Lishen cells.

The question would be whether to use Lishen and AliExpress.

Right now I would choose EVE and one of the trusted AliBaba providers. I've seen too many people getting bad results from AliExpress and have seen a few leak problems reported for Lishen cells.
Alibaba typically requires more knowledge of how to import something into the US via freight, right? I've always decided not to buy from Alibaba just because it's not as simple as just click and wait a few months. I'm not sure if that's really a correct impression though.

I'd message @Michael B Caro and see what he can offer on the group buy .... or go with message @Amy Wan (Luyuan) or check their store on Alibaba. I would avoid AliExpress for batteries.

Just ask for DDP shipping and shipping should be all taken care of.

I'd like to make a 280Ah 12V-nominal battery for my camper based off Will's video about the Lishen cells but with an Overkill BMS instead of the Daly. However, I see some chatter on here about a particular Lishen buy taking half a year for delivery. If I use the link that Will put in the video description, is it reasonable to expect a sub-2-month delivery time to Ohio or am I likely to wait until 2022?
It is not a particular Lishen buy. Lishen has not been shipping cells to any suppliers since the Chinese New Year. I am supposed to have Lishen available through my supplier within a few days now.
Right now the transit times are running in the 54 day range, roughly, from the time you get the tracking number. But you will not have to wait until 2022, unless something freaky happens (Like the Lishen backorder or something like the One Apus debacle).
Eve and Lishen are both very good cells......but there are a lot of other cells that are just as good. CATL, Ganfeng, and Keheng are all good cells as well.
All of my shipments to the US are sent DDP (all shipping, taxes and fees paid to your door) with bus bars and hardware. Also free studs and often a choice between M6 and M8 studs.

So if an order is placed today with the group buy, is there still allotment available on the current shipment or are you stuck waiting for unknown transpacific container shipment later in the year?

So if an order is placed today with the group buy, is there still allotment available on the current shipment or are you stuck waiting for unknown transpacific container shipment later in the year?
The group buy is drop shipped orders from China. They are supposed to have more than enough in this batch to satisfy the backorders and take new orders too but I wont have exact numbers on each amp hour cell until they hit the warehouse.
I do have a few hundred cells on their way to me to sell here after they arrive, but no Lishen obviously.
The ones on the way are Ganfeng 277ah and Keheng 280ah.
Some Coslight 150ah will be on their way to me soon as well.
I have a decent supply of Daly Smart Bms's in Michigan right now and more on the way, along with a batch of various JBD bms's.
Suppliers are starting to contact me when they have problems moving stock that is in the US but is available due to unusual circumstances. So those will be available from time to time but at a premium price.

New drop in battery models are almost ready to ship and I have messaged Will to see if he will review one.
Some of them will be self heating. When the temp gets too low a self heating feature kicks on and when the temp reaches a high enough point the self heating shuts off again. Special custom BMS from JBD in those.

Back