diy solar

diy solar

Is there a master "Recommended BMS Settings" post somewhere?

PrivatePIlot

After a lot of very exhaustive reading here a few months ago I pieced together a good configuration for my 4S 280ah pack and had my BMS dialed in.

Earlier today while I had my JKBMS app open I accidentally hit the stupid "Lifepo4" button that overwrote all those settings with the terrible default numbers.

So, I'm looking once again for all the "recommended" figures (at least for high and low cutoffs, balance trigger voltage, safe power off, etc) for a 4s pack, but am back to square one piecing together info from a million different opinions from a million different people, and it's impossible to know how much of it is good advice vs bad advice.

I kind of figured with some more looking I'd find some sticky posts here with "recommended" settings, but unless I'm completely oblivious, or I'm looking in the wrong spots, I don't see such.

I'm not looking to be insanely conservative or anything (not like the 20-80% SOC people), but also don't want to stress the pack outside the shoulders, so only achieving 95% usable capacity or whatever is fine with me, and I'd like to run my settings that way accordingly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Back