diy solar

diy solar

Is there a UK recommended hybrid inverter list for diy lifepo4 build

Kennyrodgers

Hi all...
Forum newbie here..
I've built 12v Lifepo4 packs with a JK BMS before for motorhome use so as I want to go with a solar install at home, going diy on the battery makes perfect sense to me..
As I've been doing my research on the mainstream Inverters that installers fit it's become apparent that I'll come unstuck when trying to pair them to my battery.
I'm thinking of going the Seplos route, at least as far as the BMS is concerned, failing that I'll stick to what I know and go with JK...
Is there a list of suitable inverters that will talk to either one of those BMS's or failing that is there anyone here who has real life experience of one that would work for me...
I'd like to have feed in if possible and am aiming for 5kw with a fast track G99 if that's doable.
Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to find all options in their database:

A Victron Multiplus II for example is approved. Communication between it and a JK BMS is possible (check out Andy's channel -'off grid garage' on YouTube).

Hi...
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated...
I was thinking Multiplus but then if I'm correct I'll be needing to add the extra expense of an MPPT charger...
I'm more looking for a Hybrid that has the charger built in...
Thanks again though.

Hi...
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated...
I was thinking Multiplus but then if I'm correct I'll be needing to add the extra expense of an MPPT charger...
I'm more looking for a Hybrid that has the charger built in...
Thanks again though.

I doubt you'll easily find an all-in-one, with communication, and low voltage battery, that meets G99 - especially at a price less than a MP-II and a charge controller.

If you split it up, you can use Victron and add a Victron charge controller. It's not that hard to have them as separate units.

I doubt you'll easily find an all-in-one, with communication, and low voltage battery, that meets G99 - especially at a price less than a MP-II and a charge controller.

If you split it up, you can use Victron and add a Victron charge controller. It's not that hard to have them as separate units.
Fair point and thanks for pointing that out...I have an American Motorhome and use Victron kit in that so I guess I'll be familiar with it at least..
Also, as you mentioned, there's a ton of info on Victron out there plus Andy's channel...
I shall revisit then Victron and thanks again.

Not sure what the price of those are, but have been very happy with my Solis inverters, available for about £1000.

The S5-EH1P6K-L is ENA type tested approved and will deliver up to 6kW (or 5kW if battery alone). Have integrated it with my DIY 14.3kW battery with JBD based BMS.

But the Solis supports standard SMA and Pylontech protocols, so is widely compatible with BMS that have in-build comms.

It works with standard low-voltage (46 - 58V) batteries too.

Hi and thanks for the input.
On Bimble Solar's recommendation I've gone with a Sunsynk ECCO inverter...Just have to figure out which BMS to go for when my batteries arrive..

Seplos
Pacebms

Basically all bms'es that support deye
Thanks for that...
I'm hoping JK will be added to that list as I'm using one of their 4s ones in my motorhome...
I watched one of Andy's video's last night on the Seplos V3....He wasn't that impressed initially although it was a year old, maybe there's been a firwmare update ? Pace has been under my radar thus far being new to 48v. This is the last piece of the puzzle so i'll be digging in today.
Cheers.

Thanks for that...
I'm hoping JK will be added to that list as I'm using one of their 4s ones in my motorhome...
I watched one of Andy's video's last night on the Seplos V3....He wasn't that impressed initially although it was a year old, maybe there's been a firwmare update ? Pace has been under my radar thus far being new to 48v. This is the last piece of the puzzle so i'll be digging in today.
Cheers.
I am still not impressed by the V3 , and will stay with the v2 ( 10e)
And am using that currently with my sunsynks

Back