diy solar

diy solar

Is this generac system able to do off grid ?????

dankleinman

Hello all I have a friend who just bought a house and this system is currently on the house . at has the stuff in the title and 20 panels . he is not sure of the info on the panels . is may get up there and see what they are later today. He us taking the stuff off and redoing his roof and wants to sell the whole setup. First off will I have a hard time getting anyone to install used stuff . thats why I was wondering about it being off grid capable . if it is off grid capable then I will not need to pull permits it will just be running my shop and apartment above the shop .

Thanks in advance

Dan

The Generac lawsuits originated due to faulty SnapRS devices (in-line rapid shutdown modules) Not sure how it got so out of control as to cause bankruptcies for Pink Energy and what seems to be the abandonment of Solar by Generac, at least for now. It would have been a simple matter to remove the devices and install Tigo or other reliable products.

At this point, its probably better to just say no. Its doubtful there is going to be any support or replacement parts available. If the price is low enough maybe the batteries are worth something?

Good to know . he was wanting 10,000 for everything I will see if I can get it for a lot less than that now that I have this info. So I assume there is no warranty left in this since the lawsuit or was that just pink energy that went belly up generac is still in buisness or are least lowes still sells there generators

Thanks

Dan

Back