diy solar

diy solar

Is this worth buying? SolarEdge Home battery "new" dented

MidwestBest

Redneck Engineer
i found a solar edge home battery on marketplace for sale for $800 supposedly in good shape with just a small dent in the case. is this something i could convert to work with my 48v system. i have 3 eg4 lifepower batteries at the moment and this would help add a lott of backup power for cheap for me. could i use dc to dc step down or would i be better off opening it up and using he cells in my own configuration with a bms?
1708626284975.png
1708626325767.png

That has a voltage range of 350-450 by that schematic, so you'd need to open it up and alter the cell configuration to use it.

But at $82 per kWh that's still a great deal, assuming its 100% functional.

That has a voltage range of 350-450 by that schematic, so you'd need to open it up and alter the cell configuration to use it.

But at $82 per kWh that's still a great deal, assuming its 100% functional.
yeah the voltage kinda worried me a bit but i was thinking the same. just not sure if the cells are welded or bolted. if welded could make for more hassle than its worth. might just offer $500 and hope he takes it haha would be a cool project at least. lot of potential energy though to take apart. gonna have to break out the gloves and high voltage tools

Is this something other than LiFePO4, more hazardous?

Can you pick up an SE Energy Hub inverter to use with it? Complete package of battery and support circuitry/packaging is part of the value.
Any way that can integrate with our system? (I want to AC coupled a lithium battery inverter downstream of my 48V AGM battery inverter, but I'm starting to have concerns regarding its anti-islanding behavior.)

I paid $1500 for similar capacity LG RESU-10H, which I'm using with compatible SMA inverter.

The price listed seems compelling. But if not LiFePO4 does it have lower cycle life? If so, not as big a bargain per kWh of cycle life.

Is this something other than LiFePO4, more hazardous?

Can you pick up an SE Energy Hub inverter to use with it? Complete package of battery and support circuitry/packaging is part of the value.
Any way that can integrate with our system? (I want to AC coupled a lithium battery inverter downstream of my 48V AGM battery inverter, but I'm starting to have concerns regarding its anti-islanding behavior.)

I paid $1500 for similar capacity LG RESU-10H, which I'm using with compatible SMA inverter.

The price listed seems compelling. But if not LiFePO4 does it have lower cycle life? If so, not as big a bargain per kWh of cycle life.
i know its some type of lithium chemistry thats all i know and i do believe it has an internal fire extinguisher which is nice. i just happen to see it locally on my facebook marketplace so trying to figure out a way to adapt it to my current 48v system i have but havent gotten to deep into if i could step down the voltage easily or if ill spend enough money trying to modify it to make it not worth my time.

I think same capacity of server rack will cost $2.4k, 3x the price and ready to use. Individual cells, consider 16x 280 Ah for 14 kWh maybe 1.5x to 2x price of that white elephant. Might give you twice the cycle life.

If it needs a fire extinguisher, the one they put in may not be able to put it out. Watch the videos of Tesla fires.

Back