diy solar

diy solar

Issue With Signature Solar Tech Dept.

Hillbilly1878

Has anyone else had a issue getting technical Support at Signature Solar on the phone? I have been trying for a week and a half to get someone on the phone to help me with getting my Inverter back online. I have also sent a couple support emails as well. I had a Lightning strike that I believe wigged out my controller, but I need to get some answers questioned before I can proceed. Please let me know if anyone had heard anything.
Tom

Has anyone else had a issue getting technical Support at Signature Solar on the phone? I have been trying for a week and a half to get someone on the phone to help me with getting my Inverter back online. I have also sent a couple support emails as well. I had a Lightning strike that I believe wigged out my controller, but I need to get some answers questioned before I can proceed. Please let me know if anyone had heard anything.
Tom
PM me i can get someone to contact you

Tom
The last support email I sent in took almost 3 weeks to get a response.

When was this Adam. Dont you have victrons now from current connected
I had sent in a message on June 22 regarding an issue I was experiencing with the 79.71 firmware.

Yes I now have Victrons running. I was trying to get a resolution to share with people before the environment change and unfortunately that didn't happen, so I just had to move on.

I had sent in a message on June 22 regarding an issue I was experiencing with the 79.71 firmware.

Yes I now have Victrons running. I was trying to get a resolution to share with people before the environment change and unfortunately that didn't happen, so I just had to move on.
I will check on this.

Service received from Signature Solar in the past has been great and the products have worked well too...

Now, waiting almost a week for and RMA on EG4 Chargeverter after a phone call when I magically got through on a Saturday morning the 12th and 5 emails ending today the 17th - In all those emails I requested a phone call along with my response. No phone call - ever.

Setup: received the product and It worked fine for a couple of days -very easy to install. Then the AC side just stopped working and that's when I asked for help.

Straw that broke the camels back is when tech demanded I take apart factory AC plug and take pictures - my response was a reminder the product worked fine for several days then stopped and that if he didn't call within one hour I would call my CC company and post here...

Service received from Signature Solar in the past has been great and the products have worked well too...

Now, waiting almost a week for and RMA on EG4 Chargeverter after a phone call when I magically got through on a Saturday morning the 12th and 5 emails ending today the 17th - In all those emails I requested a phone call along with my response. No phone call - ever.

Setup: received the product and It worked fine for a couple of days -very easy to install. Then the AC side just stopped working and that's when I asked for help.

Straw that broke the camels back is when tech demanded I take apart factory AC plug and take pictures - my response was a reminder the product worked fine for several days then stopped and that if he didn't call within one hour I would call my CC company and post here...

Starting your own post will get this information out there faster.

Tom
I have been trying for over a year to get Signature Solar to help fix an issue with a system they designed for me. The issue is the batteries and the inverter don't play nice together. The inverter thinks the batteries are low when they are 100% or the BMS will report an undefined error and the system shuts down. Signature Solar suggested a "Fix" by changing the type of battery in the inverter, but that caused the batteries to drain almost completely. Since their suggested "fix," they have completely ignored me. I regret doing business with them completely.

I have been trying for over a year to get Signature Solar to help fix an issue with a system they designed for me. The issue is the batteries and the inverter don't play nice together. The inverter thinks the batteries are low when they are 100% or the BMS will report an undefined error and the system shuts down. Signature Solar suggested a "Fix" by changing the type of battery in the inverter, but that caused the batteries to drain almost completely. Since their suggested "fix," they have completely ignored me. I regret doing business with them completely.
I sent you a DM. If you would please provide me with your email I will look into this and make sure you get taken care of.

I sent you a DM. If you would please provide me with your email I will look into this and make sure you get taken care of.
I've been told that my emails were forwarded to the tech support team on a number of occasions. Why does it take airing the dirty laundry to get a response? Not that I'm not grateful to finally (hopefully) be on the road to a fix, but it shouldn't come to this.

At what point to do vendors get removed from this site? It’s becoming clear they are a detriment to many
It’s the same song and dance, for 2+ years, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Enough excuses of “they are growing” “supply chains” “employee training” “Covid”

Enough! Just do your damn jobs, and do it well.
Or don’t do it at all.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back