diy solar

diy solar

Anyone else with a recent EG4 48v Lifepower4 battery purchase getting a "Charging MOS fault alarm" that can't be reset?

Wolfpack7483

Got my battery last week, but today was the 1st time to get a full charge on it. Everything was great @ 99.6%, cells balancing, current curtailed, but I had to leave. Got back about 1 1/2 hours later to the beeping & red light associated with the fault. Re-set didn't work & I couldn't find anything online about it. Called Signature Solar support, and they said this has been an issue with a recent batch of batteries. They asked me to open the battery & send them a picture of the CMOS, to make sure it wasn't a real fault. It wasn't, & they sent instructions to go into the config tab and enter a settings change in the "reading and writing of MOS adhesive fault codes" That did the trick, just hope it doesn't come back again in the future.

Thanks. As soon as I read your post I did mostly what you did (before you provided the response). I already knew the password.
I first read all the other batteries and the "reading and writing of MOS adhesive fault codes" was 00.
For the failed battery I entered FF set it, then read to see if it took, it did. I then entered 00 and set it then read to see if it took and it did. Now it reads the same as the other 5 and the alarm has cleared.

The CMOS and DMOS are now both on and the battery is taking a charge. You saved the day.

Thanks for the post...

Dbarr Issue: 04-01-24 (Not an April fools joke)

EG4 PowerPro4 48v100Ah Battery SOC low Alarm

The batteries (Both attached in parallel) voltage dropped to 51.2v and caused an alarm light to flash.

The Fix: Charge batteries up to at least 53v, then turn breakers off, unhook batteries from everything, push “RESET” button. Then turn batteries back on one at a time to make sure everything is working. Turn breakers off; Hook everything back up, Turn breakers on one at a time.

Looked into forum for posts similar, tried the MOS rewrite with no success and the above is what worked for me.
(Note): I just received the two EG4 batteries less then a week age and have them to recharge my EcoFlow Delta Pros.

Back