diy solar

diy solar

It's coming along!

showme

In the process of getting the Trace/Xantrex power panel up in the new shed. The Trace SW5548's are 130# each, so getting them up and bolted is tricky by myself. I used a come-a-long and a rope harness to get the high one up, then man handled the second one. Since I had to find second breakers (the original set up was a single inverter system) I'm also installing new wire wherever needed. I took the whole panel apart when I bought it to avoid moving the whole thing around. With two inverters, it comes to about 400#'s. Anyway, I've still got to set up the batteries, hook up some more wiring and mount a main breaker box, which will be fed by the AC disconnect box. Also have to wire in the generator. Spent last December through spring building the module racks (MT Solar adjustables) - I cut part of the shipping cover out and hung it on the wall. While I was building the two racks by myself, whenever I would get disgruntled, I'd see that tarp with the stick guys smiling and happy, and it would straighten out my bad attitude, so I hung it up as inspiration while I worked). The two inverters are brand new, still sealed and in their shipping boxes- from March 1999, and the used one that came with the panel will be my back up, should I ever need one. Anyway, here are some pics of the progress.
IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0349.jpgIMG_0334.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0366.jpgquitting time at the property.jpg

Back