diy solar

diy solar

Jackery 500 and solar panel (???)

couchtuna

I saw your YouTube video and you have me hooked on getting a solid set up to start. I recently bought a Jackery 500 and I am inquiring if I good purchase a after market solar panel for the Jackery. I would like to purchase a 100 Watt Flexible Sunpower Solar Panel, SPR-E-Flex-100 from Grin Technologies. Eventually I would like to install that solar panel on my hard top tent.
Thanks

I am inquiring if I good purchase a after market solar panel for the Jackery
Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can use an after market solar panel with the Jackery 500. Most people buy an adapter cable like the one below. This allows you to connect a solar panel with MC4 connectors to the Jackery's input port.

I would like to purchase a 100 Watt Flexible Sunpower Solar Panel, SPR-E-Flex-100
I checked out this panel's specs and it looks like it doesn't use MC4 connectors. It uses PV4-S connectors. I'm not familiar with those, but the Amazon listing claims they are compatible with MC4. Is this the only flexible panel you would consider or is there another one with MC4 connectors you could use?

Perhaps someone with experience with PV4-S connectors can chime in on whether they are truly compatible with MC4. @Supervstech, @svetz, any experience or thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I am down for whatever solar panel is available and durable. I would eventually like it mounted outside.
Any recommendations for other panels that I could use with jackery?

Back