diy solar

diy solar

Jayco Solar Ready Wiring Question - What do these wires go to? - Picture!

Correct. It makes sense that if there is a connection to the DC side that it would have some type of breaker, or even that it was led to the DC fuse panel. I'm gonna have to look. That could be it. Maybe it's wired with no breaker or fuse and you have to populate it with the size of your system. Just speculating, here.

I was thinking about picking one up today just for this. I was just hoping that I wasn't the first DIY'er that ran into this.

I would see if their are any mystery pairs terminated at the dc load center.

I thought I had indicated in the original post that there was 1 roof connection. You had asked if there were 3. Sorry for the confusion. Yes. 1 roof entry point.

There was nothing about the roof in the original post. That's why I suggested it might be a side wall port.

Jayco customer service was no help:
"Those are the wires that go to the charge controller."
Yes, but which go to what?
"Oh, you're gonna have to send a picture so we know what you're talking about."
Seriously? No one can tell me what wires you provide to that junction?

So off to solve it myself.

Toned the lines. No signals under the bed. Went back to the bay and just started touching every black wire with the probe. Found the red taped lead:
IMG_20200821_113114.jpg

It was attached to a 40 Amp fuse that still needs to be jumpered to the battery. But there is no nut, so I gotta figure out the size and get one.

IMG_20200821_113352.jpg

The Negative red tape (white wire) lead was wired directly to the battery but didn't have the red tape on that side of the wire.

At the moment, I can't find the other set. I have no idea where they are going. I tried running the probe around the walls where the info panels are to see if they were running there (sometimes you can get a faint signal if it's near the line. No joy.

I'll update more if Jayco gets back to me.

This really is a dead-simple installation if you're lucky enough to have one with the built-in wiring. But damn if they are gonna tell you anything about it.

This really is a dead-simple installation if you're lucky enough to have one with the built-in wiring. But damn if they are gonna tell you anything about it.

I suspect you only get the instructions if you buy the kit. You could tell them you have the kit but no instructions. The problem then is you have to tell them WHICH kit you have.

I have a 2018 Jayco Pinnacle that has prebuilt that i'm looking for as well. This helps!

Toned the lines. No signals under the bed. Went back to the bay and just started touching every black wire with the probe. Found the red taped lead:
View attachment 20530

It was attached to a 40 Amp fuse that still needs to be jumpered to the battery. But there is no nut, so I gotta figure out the size and get one.

View attachment 20531

The Negative red tape (white wire) lead was wired directly to the battery but didn't have the red tape on that side of the wire.

At the moment, I can't find the other set. I have no idea where they are going. I tried running the probe around the walls where the info panels are to see if they were running there (sometimes you can get a faint signal if it's near the line. No joy.

View attachment 20530

View attachment 20531

Zipsonic......I am in the exact same boat as you, brand new 2021 Jayco Alante......and in my bag of manuals there was a sticker that says "ready for solar" are installed here...or something like that".....but it was in the bag....I called Jayco, they sent me the schematics for the entire RV and there's a couple references to 'solar' on the schematics but nothing concrete....I had my RV at an authorized dealer for "Go Power Wired for Solar" today and the technician walked around inside the coach looking for the sticker.....I said it's in the bag in the cabinet......any progress you make PLEASE post.....If you'd like a copy of the schematics they sent, let me know and I can private message them to you.....though they don't look all that helpful......best of luck ...keep on updating this thread......

Zipsonic......I am in the exact same boat as you, brand new 2021 Jayco Alante......and in my bag of manuals there was a sticker that says "ready for solar" are installed here...or something like that".....but it was in the bag....I called Jayco, they sent me the schematics for the entire RV and there's a couple references to 'solar' on the schematics but nothing concrete....I had my RV at an authorized dealer for "Go Power Wired for Solar" today and the technician walked around inside the coach looking for the sticker.....I said it's in the bag in the cabinet......any progress you make PLEASE post.....If you'd like a copy of the schematics they sent, let me know and I can private message them to you.....though they don't look all that helpful......best of luck ...keep on updating this thread......
Zipsonic.....attached is the schematic that references the solar points in the coach. Hope this helps....

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_0001.pdf
    561.1 KB · Views: 52
Zipsonic.....attached is the schematic that references the solar points in the coach. Hope this helps....
According to that schematic, the black/white pair go to the chassis battery. The red taped pair is for the house battery and the third pair leads to the roof. This is so you can use a SCC to charge both house and chassis batteries.

Back