diy solar

diy solar

JBD Bluetooth

Aussie

I recently built a battery with a JBD BMS. It is up and running. I added another newly built battery ( 16 cells ). The same JBD BMS AP21S 002. I found it on my phone app and then I lost it. When I open the app only one battery shows up. Sometimes the blue light flashes but I don't get the solid blue. ( On the new battery BMS ) The two batteries are hooked up in parallel. They are both hooked up to my victron smart shunt. The new battery is not charging or discharging. I am thinking it is something to do with Bluetooth, but I really don't know. Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated .

I found it on my phone app and then I lost it. When I open the app only one battery shows up.
If a BMS is connected to a device (i use iPad and iPhone) it will not show up on a second device. I think the same thing happens if using multiple apps to connect.

Otherwise force quit all of your BMS apps.

If you are using Android, i think reinstalling the app can help as a las resort.

If a BMS is connected to a device (i use iPad and iPhone) it will not show up on a second device. I think the same thing happens if using multiple apps to connect.

Otherwise force quit all of your BMS apps.

If you are using Android, i think reinstalling the app can help as a las resort.
I did have the two BMS's show on my phone app at one stage but could not connect to the new one. Now I only show the one BMS. I was thinking it might be because the blue light ( for blue tooth? ) is not on. It was on when it connected. How do I turn the blue tooth on , on the second BMS? (My phone is android.)

You need to reset the BMS that is not responding, sometimes they can be left with an open connection but you cannot reconnect to them until they have been power cycled.

You need to reset the BMS that is not responding, sometimes they can be left with an open connection but you cannot reconnect to them until they have been power cycled.
Thanks for the answer. I am not sure what you mean by power cycled. I think it means charged and discharged. If that is the case, how do I go about that as no current is going in or out at the moment.

I believe the blue light only comes on when connected to a device. Unplug the bluetooth board and plug it back in.

edit: assuming you have the bluetooth as a seperate board. If not, MisterSandals is correct.

Yes definitely try unplugging the Bluetooth dongle first, I think that may also reset it but I am not sure.

If you're using an iOs device, there's a free app called BMS tool that scans all available compatible BMS devices in sequence. Very handy!
Both of mine blink about once every 2 seconds when not connected. On when connected.
I had to go out to the garage and look. Mine don't light at all until connected. Probably different code revs.

I unplugged t
Turn off loads and charging sources.
Disconnect balance wires and then disconnect B- to the battery.
Reconnect B- then balance wire.
Tried all this. Flashing blue light came on for a while, but nothing else. I am wondering if the BMS might be a dud. The one on my first battery was and I had to replace it. Two dud's?

Thanks for the answer. I am not sure what you mean by power cycled. I think it means charged and discharged. If that is the case, how do I go about that as no current is going in or out at the moment.
"power cycled" means "turn it off and on again"

I unplugged t Tried all this. Flashing blue light came on for a while, but nothing else. I am wondering if the BMS might be a dud. The one on my first battery was and I had to replace it. Two dud's?

If you don't see it in the app check regular bluetooth, you won't be able to connect but should see something.
If you don't then yea the bluetooth module could have died, it's possible.

It's statistically odd you've had two duds though (with JBD at least.. if it was daly on the other hand....)
Something else may be going on too. You have them physically near the phone and not inside a lead box right?
I'd also try what @Brett V linked

"power cycled" means "turn it off and on again"

If you don't see it in the app check regular bluetooth, you won't be able to connect but should see something.
If you don't then yea the bluetooth module could have died, it's possible.

It's statistically odd you've had two duds though (with JBD at least.. if it was daly on the other hand....)
Something else may be going on too. You have them physically near the phone and not inside a lead box right?
I'd also try what @Brett V linked
I ended up gettint the BMS to connect to my phone but It still would not charge or discharge. Then the Bluetooth went off. I did change the Two C cables for a single one. Could that be my problem

Attachments

• DSC_0001_BURST20240327172402968.JPG
    DSC_0001_BURST20240327172402968.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 10
yea it might actually be your phone or something like other guy said, maybe try other phones idk
it is weird that two bluetooths died but not impossible.. but seems like phone doesn't like them

personally I found some used tablet someone didn't want anymore and I disconnect all of it from the internet and it's dedicated to the bms and that's all I use it for so no internet = no updates = everything stays the same

yea it might actually be your phone or something like other guy said, maybe try other phones idk
it is weird that two bluetooths died but not impossible.. but seems like phone doesn't like them

personally I found some used tablet someone didn't want anymore and I disconnect all of it from the internet and it's dedicated to the bms and that's all I use it for so no internet = no updates = everything stays the same
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try and get another phone to see if it will play nice with the BMS

I downloaded the Overkill app and it connects. I can see FET Software locked Could that be my problem. I am not all that good with computers, still on my learning curve. So your patience is appreciated The FET software is not locked on my battery that is working. So if that is the problem, how do I unlock?

Last edited:
Back