diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS AP21S001

cajocars

I’ve just received this BMS, however it only has two connectors for B- and two for C-
The shop and the manual pictures show 3 of each
Is this an issue?
1669409384521.jpeg

I’ve just received this BMS, however it only has two connectors for B- and two for C-
The shop and the manual pictures show 3 of each
Is this an issue?
View attachment 121799
Could you provide a link to where you purchased it?

Without knowing a bit more it is hard to say whether two connections is a problem. However, My guess is that it is not a problem.

It is a 200A BMS so on average, each connector will need to handle 100A. The connections look like they take an 8 mm (maybe 10mm?) screw so I would think a properly crimped cable on each would be sufficient. (Please verify the size of the connection)

Note: You could get away with 4AWG marine 90deg C wire on each, but I would probably go to 2AWG.

Could you provide a link to where you purchased it?

Without knowing a bit more it is hard to say whether two connections is a problem. However, My guess is that it is not a problem.

It is a 200A BMS so on average, each connector will need to handle 100A. The connections look like they take an 8 mm (maybe 10mm?) screw so I would think a properly crimped cable on each would be sufficient. (Please verify the size of the connection)

Note: You could get away with 4AWG marine 90deg C wire on each, but I would probably go to 2AWG.
I bought it from here

Very Interesting. The link to the add says '200A' but if you zoom in on the picture the label says 150A.

1669415867725.png
However, I found this site that has a 200A that looks like your board:

I poked around some but could not find a site selling a 200A JBD that looks like yours.
Furthermore I could not find either of the boards on the JBD site. (But they make a lot of boards they sell to companies so this may not mean anything.

I also notice that the 150A board seems to have some copper plate soldered onto the board to spread all of the current but the 200A model seems to use the brackets for the connectors for distributing the current.

My guess is that they rolled the layout and you have a newer version of the product.

Bottom line: I think you are OK with the two connectors you have on the board.... but that is just my educated guess.

From my understand, the 3 post version, you have to manually set how many series of battery you are using.
The 2 post version is auto sensing.

you have new model 200Amp JBD bms with blue tooth or remote Uart comm

old model has 6 connectors

Attachments

• IMG_2022-11-12-09-22-44-826.jpg
    IMG_2022-11-12-09-22-44-826.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 22
Also the RS485 connector is not present; how is this supposed to communicate with the inverter?

uart comm only with this spec if you look at the app from JBD one setup is drive so made to protect battery pack in a elect motor bike

Last edited:
So is this BMS suitable for a solar inverter?
Does the inverter even need to communicate with the BMS?

So is this BMS suitable for a solar inverter?
Yes.
Does the inverter even need to communicate with the BMS?
Not really. Having communication between the BMS and the inverter is nice in that it can create central control and central data management, but it is not necessary to have communication. You can build a fully functional and reliable system without it.

So the BMS just disconnects the battery whenever it’s full and the inverter is charging it or when it’s discharging and it gets to a low SoC?
The inverter will just sense this ‘open circuit’ and interrupt charging and discharging?

So the BMS just disconnects the battery whenever it’s full and the inverter is charging it or when it’s discharging and it gets to a low SoC?
The inverter will just sense this ‘open circuit’ and interrupt charging and discharging?
Not quite.

The inverter should be set to a charge voltage that is below the disconnect voltage of the BMS. With that, the inverter will charge to that voltage and stop charging before the BMS disconnects the charge current.

On the other end (discharge), the inverter should be set to shut down at a voltage that is higher than the BMS will shut down. That way, the inverter will quit discharging before the BMS disconnects discharge current.

In a well-tuned system, the BMS will never disconnect on charge or discharge. Its role is to act as a second line of defense that kicks in if the system misbehaves or one of the cells goes out of whack.

Understood; given the pretty flat voltage vs capacity curve in LiFePo4 battery and the voltage drop in the wires due to high currents, is the inverter able to continuously read the correct voltage or does it need to pause periodically and assess the voltage? Does the inverter do Coulomb come counting?

you can see remote comm is posable with out Rs485 and only blue tooth or uart adapter made by jbd from amazon. driver work as installed

you can see remote comm is posable with out Rs485 and only blue tooth or uart adapter made by jbd from amazon. driver work as installed
Sorry, what is you picture showing? is that you accessing the bms info through a web page or is that the inverter communicating with the bms?

Back