diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS Bluetooth refresh rate

mystic pizza

Anyone experiencing slow update of BMS parameters on xioxang app?

Mine was working OK. I did a capacity test and now it only refreshes every 20 seconds or so, and is sometimes hard to get the app to work. It constantly asks for a password before finaly letting me in.

Thanks

Last edited:
Mine is working fine and never asks for password. Only issue If app doesn't open I have to go-to settings apps and turn BMS app off and then on for it to open.

Mine is working fine and never asks for password. Only issue If app doesn't open I have to go-to settings apps and turn BMS app off and then on for it to open.
OK. Thanks. I wonder if my BT module is faulty then

Works fine for me.

I have the Xianxong (spelling) app with the Overkill BMS, which is supposed to be the same as JBD.

Works fine for me.

I have the Xianxong (spelling) app with the Overkill BMS, which is supposed to be the same as JBD.
Cheers. Mine was working. Then just stopped updating every few seconds, and now is every 20s or so. It won't read the parameter settings any more.

It may have something to do with number of BT devices in area or what other devices you have paired to your phone. Some phone modules do both BT and Wifi but have to time share between the two so wifi activity may also have impact on BT operation. A fast wifi beacon rep rate on wifi router will dedicate a lot of time (and phone's battery life) to wifi.

Some phones only keep pairing passwords for last seven most recently BT connected devices.

Try turning off wifi on phone. Also try deleting BT BMS link on phone then re-connect and pair it again.

Last edited:
It may have something to do with number of BT devices in area or what other devices you have paired to your phone. Some phone modules do both BT and Wifi but have to time share between the two so wifi activity may also have impact on BT operation. A fast wifi beacon rep rate on wifi router will dedicate a lot of time (and phone's battery life) to wifi.

Try turning off wifi on phone. Also try deleting BT BMS link on phone then re-pair it.
Cheers. I will try that.

Back