diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS 4-8S

The last thing I could do with the JK BMS was to take it apart before throwing it away. I'm keeping the wires and sensors since those can be reused.

t88Tm7u.jpg

wYoJPKM.jpg

EPJQHCP.jpg

Did you connect the power switch?

Step 4 states use the activation or display switch to turn on.

I did connect the power switch and toggled the switch with all the cables connected. The circular light around the switch didn't illuminate and there wasn't a bootup noise. I tried jumping the pins for the power switch in case the switch was bad, no dice. It was an open box.

Bummer I have the same BMS I ordered through hankzor Ali site ($78 shipped) that I need to get up and running.

Converting 230ah Eve 2P4S jbd to 8s jk.

Did you ever contact 18650 about the issues your having?

Ouch

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $62.88 39% Off | JK SMART BMS 4S 5S 6S 7S 8S 12V 24V BATTERY WITH 1A ACTIVE BALANCE HEAT FUNCTION ON SALE

Just saying

Last edited:
the hankzor 4s, I wired in a switch and only turned it on as needed but I left it plugging in all the time.

The other adjustment I made for the BMs was balance all the time while cells >3.4v not just while charging. My bank has zero load majority of the time and only used on weekends so each day it got 4+hrs of balancing and kept cells nice and happy. So much so I haven’t used the active balancer for quite some time.

the hankzor 4s, I wired in a switch and only turned it on as needed but I left it plugging in all the time.

The other adjustment I made for the BMs was balance all the time while cells >3.4v not just while charging. My bank has zero load majority of the time and only used on weekends so each day it got 4+hrs of balancing and kept cells nice and happy. So much so I haven’t used the active balancer for quite some time.
The hankzor is priced right and it looks good. I bought the JBD 4S 200A, it finally arrived and in the box it has a pamphlet that says I should buy an active balancer. I thought I was getting that lol.

Last edited:
IMO it all depends on how often your cells see >3.4v mine once charged we’re able to passive balance for 2-3 hours a day and had little to no load on them between next charging.

Back