diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS Communication To Victron Quattro?

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
I have a JK Inverter BMS (JK-PB2A16S15P) along with 18 EVE 280Ah cells (two spare cells) coming from China (Amy Wan from Shenzhen Luyuan). I would like to connect the BMS to my Quattro (that hasn't been ordered yet). In my current system, the Multiplus does not talk to the BMS. BMS communication is all new to me and I'm not sure where to start. I've read a few threads here on the forum but I can't tell if I'm looking at old information or different approaches.

1. What cable do I need? I understand that Victron inverters can communicate with a variety of BMS. The Victron List doesn't have the JK BMS but I think it will follow the Pylontech protocol. So does that mean I need Victron part number ASS030710018 (VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable 1.8m)?

2. Is there an adapter needed? On the web page of he "who shall not be named" I see a lot of adapters to connect to the Venus OS. I will have a Cerbo GX. But I thought that the BMS could connect directly to the inverter.

3. What guides have you used to complete the setup?

Not sure about CAN. If it uses Pylontech, it should be recognized automatically. Newer Venus OS versions are better.

Alternative:

This plus UART to USB adapter worked great for my JBD. Also supports JK.

Supports JK/JBD bluetooth, but I wasn't pleased with the stability. For monitoring and logging, fine. For control? No.

AMY sells the JKBMS -> USB Cable needed for the PCAPP for updating firmware & managing. I think it's like $10 or so...
I only tweaked this image to answer recurring questions.

I haven't written up anything for JK this time, not likely that I will either. I only modded a diagram to better show the wiring which was a little confusing for some (same Q asked 3+ times so) I put it below.

The "OFFICIAL" JKBMS Software/Firmware s located here BUT for some reason it's not kept as up to date as it should because "Andy" somehow has a newer fixed Version 15:24 (fixes a display bug introduced in V15:23)
(NB: Top Right to change Language)
Wrire-Diagram (ENH).png

diy solar

diy solar
Back