diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS dead

offthetop04

Bought two of these 150amp JK BMS and neither one will turn on. Did the 9volt battery thing with no results.
Bluetooth wont even find them. Im lost,
If my inverter bulk charge is set to 55.2 and float on 54 can i run my battery without a bms?

Do you have the specific part number that you have? There are a lot of different products out there. Do you get anything when you push the power button, light, beep, etc? Have a picture of your install?

Did you verify that all balance leads are properly connected to the batteries and that you see 3.2V going up from each stop?
You are not trying to power on the BMS without connecting it to the cells, right...?

The number one problem I’ve seen with people not having a JK before is not realizing that it needs the power wire to function. That is the very last red wire in the balance cables, farthest away from the black wire of the two plugs. It is marked “B+” on the bms. That one power wire would join balance wire #16 at the cell.
IMG_1458.jpegIMG_1459.jpeg

The number one problem I’ve seen with people not having a JK before is not realizing that it needs the power wire to function. That is the very last red wire in the balance cables, farthest away from the black wire of the two plugs. It is marked “B+” on the bms. That one power wire would join balance wire #16 at the cell.
View attachment 228341View attachment 228342
pretty sure you hit the nail.

pretty sure you hit the nail.

Ok i had B+ on #1 positive instead of #16!
This fixed my problem! Thank you for the pics thats what i needed lol
👍🏼🙌🏼👊🏼

Now i get a discharge over circuit fault in the bms and my inverters wont turn on.
😑
Entire system in lifeless.
No lights no noises no nothing.

Don't some JK have a precharge scheme?
(I expect to be playing with one shortly but haven't cracked open the manual yet.)

Now i get a discharge over circuit fault in the bms and my inverters wont turn on.
😑
Entire system in lifeless.
No lights no noises no nothing.
The bms is pretty fast in protection, especially out of the box. So probably nothing happened. If things won’t restart after a precharge, you might have blown a fuse(inverter?). Capacitors in inverters or chargers need to be charged. They have discharge resistors built in to power down the device in a short time for safety reasons. Every time you power up from the battery you need to pre charge. If the device is powered up instantly, there is an incredible amount of current, so use a resistor or a filament light bulb.

If the AIO is batteries optional, would expect SCC to do that.

I thought maybe some BMS gradually turn on FETs to burn off the capacitor charge power in the FETs slowly.
(Just hope the inverter doesn't fire up instantly.)

That's done in soft-start circuits in many designs of other products.

diy solar

diy solar
Back