diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS JK-PB2A16S20P died suddenly

dyea7

Hi!
I just got JK BMS model JK-PB2A16S20P and i connected it to 8 cells and it started working fine and shows all info in the app but after 5 hours i found the BMS off, i tried to turn it on again but nothing.
also i tried these methods:

* disconnect and reconnect all the wires
* disconnect from the inverter and connect the B- and P- with multimeter on diode check
* reflash the firmware but fail to read the bms
* disconnect the balancing wires and turn it on also nothing

when i hold the key it keeps flashing red and turn of when i release it without any sign from the bms indicator leds

so any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Would you be able to post up a diagram or photos clearly showing the wiring?
Also, for the 5 hours prior to malfunction, was it discharging, charging, or just idle?
If charging, what state of charge were the batteries at prior and finally, and what are you using to charge it?
That BMS has a configurable cell count, was is set for 8 cells? Correct cell type, etc?

Would you be able to post up a diagram or photos clearly showing the wiring?
Also, for the 5 hours prior to malfunction, was it discharging, charging, or just idle?
If charging, what state of charge were the batteries at prior and finally, and what are you using to charge it?
That BMS has a configurable cell count, was is set for 8 cells? Correct cell type, etc?
I do have experience how to do the wiring even i saw the manual before i connect it and i did double check before turn it on. it was working normally when i turned it on.
during the 5 hours it was connected to solar inverter and did charge, discharge, equalize normally.
state of charge was 70% did the charging to 100% then equalizing the cells perfectly. i use it in my off grid solar system.
yes i did the configuration setting to Lifepo4 battery and set it to 8 cells.

It was working perfectly about 5 hours without any fault on the 4.3 screen.

diy solar

diy solar
Back