diy solar

diy solar

JK Bms - lock out

molatech

I know there are threads about the JK password locking you out and not being able to reset it. I am facing the same issue now and find it quite irritating to say the least. The only “fix” that seems available is to somehow get a reply from JK supplying a “temporary “ password to enter the settings page and reset the password. Hopefully. What I find odd is that no one seems to speak about just HOW this is accomplished. How can a temporary password be given that “times out” on an app on a local device which apparently only works for like 15 minutes or so, on a local Bluetooth app a half a world away? I find this whole password thing a bit ridiculous since the weakness of the module on BLE allows a connection not much more than 15 or 20 feet anyway. Someone would practically have to be in your house to change any settings. Now password glitched and the owner can’t even access it with absolutely no means of resetting. So this temporary password…would that work for those 15 minutes on every single app in the whole world? I would literally pay a programmer to come up with a hack for this mess. I would hate to shelve a couple of otherwise working BMS’s over a stupid issue like a password and switch to another brand.

The answer is that the temporary password isn't temporary except for maybe in the app. The bms has whatever that caused to run as a backdoor.

So JK is difficult to get a hold of... my seller contacted them a number of times when a software update locked me out of my JKs, and we were on the road. He'd contact them about 8:00 pm CST, and they'd provide the BT temp password to log in. After that I could get into my settings password. Initially he and I both thought having BT logged in would correct the BT failure. Not the case. Once BT logged in, go back to the devices page/scan page, and since you are logged in to that device already, to go the top right pull down menu, and there you can change your BT password. That worked for me.

Now, for the settings password, you apparently need to get a hold of JK and give them your serial, and they will issue a password for your 'settings' login...

If you just need a BT login temp password, use this, no need to call China. https://mirofromdiro.github.io/JK-firmware-code/

Last edited:
My guess is that there is a hash number that is tied to the unit's serial number. Based upon time and serial number, kk can calculate the password for the half hour.

The answer is that the temporary password isn't temporary except for maybe in the app. The bms has whatever that caused to run as a backdoor.
I don't believe that is entirely correct. The "temporary" part has something to do with actual clock time, and once the time passes, it expires. Beyond that one might think of it as a "backdoor," but a backdoor that is only open for 15 minutes/1 hour/whatever is awfully hard to crack. Once the window of opportunity passes, the cracker would be starting all over. This type of system is used with other devices as well, such as IP cameras. But as @SpankyOatmeal posted above, it is possible to calculate, presumably based on the serial number of the device, so with the device in-hand, this temporary password can be software generated.

There are two BMS passwords.

First to enter the BMS is a BT password. You can get that here: https://mirofromdiro.github.io/JK-firmware-code/

Once you BT login, you will be taken to the first status page. Use the left top menu to go back to the BMS ‘devices’ page, or swipe from left to right if using the app. Once back to the devices page you will see that you are already logged into the device, and in the upper right corner, select that menu, and you will see the change password item. That only allows you to change the BT password. Change it. For me, once I’ve changed the BT password, I don’t need to re-enter it in the future.

Now, for the second password, the “Settings” password, you need to get a hold of Mr. K/whoever/JK and give them your serial, and they will issue a password for your 'settings' login. Once you have that, log into your device, and go to the Settings password entry box, and enter the temp password. After that, change your Settings password.

Done.

Back