diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS CAN info

bitbricked

Afternoon guys,
New to these boards and comunity though will start off with a question.

I have PB2A16S20P JK bms coming for a custom project, and for the life of me cant find any documentation on protocols on it. I can see work done on RS485 side, however I need to comunicate with it over CAN. Does anyone have any info on the CAN protocol for it? Reading basic info of course will be minimum but also ability to configure or on the fly adjust if needed. THanks!

No one helped you? OMG I wish I had the answer for you. I found this because I am interested as well. At least this comment will bump the thread.

Afternoon guys,

I have PB2A16S20P JK bms coming for a custom project, and for the life of me cant find any documentation on protocols on it. I can see work done on RS485 side, however I need to comunicate with it over CAN. Does anyone have any info on the CAN protocol for it? Reading basic info of course will be minimum but also ability to configure or on the fly adjust if needed. THanks!
From what I remember the CAN protocol that JK is using is a non-conform. That is nothing can talk to it. There is a github resource to covert the output of the 485 port to CAN.

Afternoon guys,

On the JKBMS firmware side there are 2 uart (1 and 2)
The 1st one can be used for CAN to the inverter the other internal rs485 between batteries

The typically have pylontech, Growatt , and a few other protocols available for use

To conclude:

with the new JK-PBx you can select, which protocol the CAN port on the BMS uses. These different protocols should be documented quite well, most of the inverters (Victron, and many others) and BMS use the Pylontech protocol, so you might want to use that one if you have the choice. That is also the reason why you won't find any doc on a specific "JK protocol", as it uses protocols that are already well established and documented.
The older models JK-Bx don't have this function (among other things), which is the reason why the JK-PBx is also nicknamed the "JK inverter BMS".

Back