diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS USB to RJ485 dongle?

D. Abineri

I am still trying to communicate with my JK-PB1A16S10P bms with no luck so far.

I am using a USB to Ethernet dongle but the computer (JK software) does not recognise it as a com port.

Which dongle should I be using frm the com board of the BMS to the computer?

Thanks

The adapter I bought did not have selectable set screws like most of andy's adapters. I had to cut the rj45 end and change the pinout. But, this doesn't have anything to do with the computer not seeing the device on a com port.

Thanks hogback. That is what bothers me. My adapter dings just like other usb devices when plugged in to the computer but shows up as an unidentfied device in evice manager. Any ideas how to get around this, or just buy another connector?

I don't recall my adapter showing up as anything in particular under COM device description. What matters is that you select that com # in the desktop app, and that the rs485 +/- from the adapter is going to the right pins on the rj485 connector. I think it's pins 1,2 or pins 7,8. Mine came hardwired to pins 4,5, so I had to change it.

I don't recall my adapter showing up as anything in particular under COM device description. What matters is that you select that com # in the desktop app, and that the rs485 +/- from the adapter is going to the right pins on the rj485 connector. I think it's pins 1,2 or pins 7,8. Mine came hardwired to pins 4,5, so I had to change it.
Thanks, I may have to do the same.

I bought

Suamdoen USB to RJ45 RS485 Serial Programming Cable for Delta IFD6500 Communication RS485 Adapter Converter Cable Support Win10​

from Amazon. To check to see what was +- coming from the adapter, I used a multimeter to compare the wires. The one that was higher than the other I assumed was +, but either I got mixed up or it was the other way around. I did what I thought was right, then reversed, and it worked.

If you get the ding but device is not recognised then either you are missing the driver for the chip in the adaptor or the chip is corrupted.

Back