diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS with Sterling B2B charger

GTM

Was wondering if anyone could help with setting up the connection from a JK BMS to a Sterling 30amp B2B charger as I'm unsure of exactly which wire needs to be used in which connection.

I assume I will need to remove the wires from the standard power button that comes with the JK BMS and attach one of the wires to the correct B2B connection so the B2B can re-wake the BMS after low voltage or other scenarios where the B2B needs instruction to start/stop. I have attached the instructions from the B2B charger where it describes the two BMS connections available. Does anyone know which wire from the JK BMS suits one of the connections described below?

I'm quite new to this so I'm only assuming the BMS power button wiring is used because the B2B charger doesn't have CAN communication, it's far simpler, at least it appears that way. Really appreciate any help thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009-233119~2.png
    Screenshot_20231009-233119~2.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You don't need to connect the Stefling B2B charger to the BMS, its optional. Sterling instructions are over complex and suffer from being written by an engineer .
If you use the lithium setting, lithium 1, and operate 'open loop' I think everything will be OK. Typically the charge voltage and loading should operate within the BMS protection envelope. If by some chance protection limits are exceeded the BMS should recover by itself.

You don't need to connect the Stefling B2B charger to the BMS, its optional. Sterling instructions are over complex and suffer from being written by an engineer .
If you use the lithium setting, lithium 1, and operate 'open loop' I think everything will be OK. Typically the charge voltage and loading should operate within the BMS protection envelope. If by some chance protection limits are exceeded the BMS should recover by itself.
Thanks for your reply Mike I'll look into it. I've been having the issue when the BMS cuts out from low voltage the sterling gets stuck and doesn't wake back up, been having to lift the bonnet and pull the fuse for it to work again. I'll look into the open loop method, nice one.

Back