diy solar

diy solar

Does Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A Non-Isolated DC-DC charger work together with other B2B chargers?

John SK

Greetings. I'm waiting for the 50A version and I know it hasn't been released. But I assume my question will be valid for the older 30A version. I upgraded my vehicle's batt bank from 200AH to 412AH LiFePO4 and want more B2B charging. Right now, I have a Sterling BB1260 12V 60A B2B charger. Based on how the Orion 30A version performs, would it be reasonable to assume the Orion 50A will work at the same time with my Sterling. I don't have space for a second Sterling and don't want to discard it either (buy two Orions). Adding a new Orion 50A and using that with my existing 60A Sterling (110A total) is my preference if it will work.

Thanks

Adding a new Orion 50A
No resion for it not to work other than the limitations of the alternator. At full power the 50 amp Orion may pull around 60 amps from the alternator. The new 50 amp Orion XS is current output programmable, unlike the 30 amp version, so can be powered down if needed.

I don't see any reason not. DC-DC just provides power and shouldn't make any difference.

That Orion XS is sweet and with VEDirect!! and IP65!! Wish they went to VEcan though I hate the direct as they seem to always fallout.

Back