diy solar

diy solar

JK Home Storage BMS with Growatt SPF5000 ES

Csecrist12

So I have been having some issues with the new JK BMS combined with (2) GrowattSPF5000 ES inverters running my RV.

Background:
I have 6 Tesla Model S packs in a 2S3P configuration (12S Li-ion configuration for a sub 48V system). I just switched from my Daly 12S BMS which worked great up until some larger loads would go over the rated 50A max discharge. I changed the BMS out to a JK BT 8S-16S 200A 2A Home storage BMS and have had some success except when larger loads get going.

I have 2 Growatt SPF5000 ES units with an 11.4kw autotransformer for the States side. I am running an RV with 1 AC, 2 small fridges, a dehumidifier from time to time, an air fryer, and a few fans. These are the larger loads I am experiencing.

I do not have the CAN to RS485 communications as I don't see it necessary at the moment (temporary RV living situation while the house is being built).

I am seeing all of the loads at once hit a max of 120-ish Amps reported on the JK BMS App. Shortly after I see it (maybe 30 sec. to 2 min.) it shuts the whole system down and restarts after about a minute. I have also had this happen at a rating of 75 Amps. The system was working great the last 2 days, but nothing really changed except my loads went from 40 amps to 75 amps and that's when the restart happened.

Is there any settings I need to be worries about as far as the inverter and the BMS go?

diy solar

diy solar
Back