diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS Android App after version 4.9.2 fail to install/upgrade. NOW FIXED After 4.17.0 (Dec.2023)

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone,

For those involved with JKBMS' this is a concerning issue that has popped up over the last few builds (after 4.9.2). The APP will not install or upgrade on Android 11 or 12, I don't know about Droid 13 or lower versions.

I have been in contact with Hankzor and have left trouble tickets for the developer on PGYER as soon as this started and have kept updating. At this point I do not know IF the developer even looks at the feedback there. My hope is that NAMI (now that she's back from Covid Restrictions) is getting on his case. I have even gone to the GooglePlay version of it and it says that my devices are not supported ! WTH is that about ? A Mystery to be sure. I am also not using some weird phone, it's a Motorolla G that is current. I have also attempted to install this on my Android SBC Computer which runs Droid 11 & NO JOY.

Rule of 3 expended ! I informed @Nami , that unless they get their act together, I am not interested in assisting them anymore with documentation etc as this is quite pathetic. Mistakes happen but 5 builds later which are published is NOT good ! Currently @ Version 4.9.7

Steve_S

Last edited:
This is the Google Play link provided by Hankzor... Not much good to me but who knows it may work for you or maybe not.

It's astonishing how they don't seem to get their act together. It has the potential to be one of the best BMSs out there, but they ruin their reputation with this, the lack of proper versioning of the hardware, the lack of firmware update capability (which could be done easily), etc. @Nami has been pretty quiet here recently. I do wonder if the lock-down in China has something to do with all this...

Guess its a good thing I have not done my build yet using the JKBMS. I would be running across this issue trying to get things setup. Are there links to previous versions of the APP?

It's astonishing how they don't seem to get their act together. It has the potential to be one of the best BMSs out there, but they ruin their reputation with this, the lack of proper versioning of the hardware, the lack of firmware update capability (which could be done easily), etc. @Nami has been pretty quiet here recently. I do wonder if the lock-down in China has something to do with all this...
Nami & I are in the midst of e-mail exchanges ATM trying to sort this APP calamity.
The dev for IOS & Droid seems "questionable" to me because there is no Due Diligence in QC Testing prior to release and that is simply Bad JuJu ! If that character worked on my software dev teams back when I ran an IT Shop, he'd be shown the door quickly. Rule of 3 was ALWAYS Applied unless something severe happened. You got a MAX of 3 warning and Poofdah, funnily enough, word got around fast and 3rd time was rarely reached. I have maintained the use of Rule of 3 and serves me well.

Per Nami, she was in COVID Lockdown for some time, many have been as China has a Zero Covid Policy which can be pretty drastic whenever there is an outbreak of any size.

Also, I should have included that my new Khadas VM1S running Droid 11 will also not accept anything beyond 4.9.2 of the BMS software.

thank you for the update. JK BMS so promising. hopefully a resolution can be reached soon and stable operation resume.

I know it is asking a lot because everyone seems to be worried about everyone copying their stuff but it sure would make things at least a little less risky if they open sourced their software.. or at least a detailed API to interface with the BMS.. Adding it to GitHub would also allow us to easily keep track of changes and likely hardware changes as well.

I went on the JK BMS support site and reported my inability to download the android app. Eric replied and sent me a link that was supposed to let me download the app. The link sent a zip file and when I opened it all I found in it was 5 apps for anti malware and tools to remove it. Unfortunately nothing to do with the bms app problem. Here is the link, maybe someone else will have better luck as I am not the most savvy with electronics. https://www.jkbms.com/support/ My communication with Eric was om 11/21/22

UPDATE November 28, 2022
The latest version just posted also DOES NOT INSTALL on Android 12!
The same, This app is incompatible with your device message pops up.
Just sent an email to @Nami but I doubt they'll do anything "again" like last time.
I also sent another EMail to the programmer and also to JiKong as well, maybe that will generate a response and correction but who knows and it will tells us more about the support aspect of these "folks".

App Source https://www.pgyer.com/Cfq3
App Info Size 17.3 MB
Updated 2 Hours ago
Version 4.9.9 (build 73) Developer 张鹏

NOTE, This latest version has not been published on Google.Play as yet

thank you Steve, your reaching out and pursuing progress in this space is much appreciated, and thank you for sharing updates. may there be fixes soon.

^ Exactly what he said! Thank you for reaching out and trying to get this resolved. I do hope they do something about it and work on the support.

Well, they BLIPPED when I contacted JiKong directly as well and POOFDAH afterwards...
They were lookin so good, especially once they started interacting with us and "hearing" needs/wants and trying to deliver those things but then it all stopped cold-turkey.

UPDATE December 8, 2022.
Still not another word from JiKong or HankZor but there also hasn't been any new APP version made available either. Maybe that's a good thing ?

NOTE, I have found a few issues (Firmware & Software) and started a thread on this subject.
IF you found something that does not work or work as it should chime in there as I intend to forward that up to Vendor / Manufacturer in order to try and get these solved.

Yet another Update:
It appears that "some" people can install the latest 4.10.1 Version of the Droid App. I attempted to install it on my Motorola G with Droid 12 and NO GO, Cannot Install the App... in Fred Flinstone Mode Ruckus, Stuckus, Frickus, Fruckus grumble grumble....

Sent HankZor & JiKong another email over it.

Their Email to me on 2022-12-09 5:31 AM
I will give you a detailed reply,
1. We will fix the problem of rolling logs in January
2. Restoring the factory settings will have a dedicated APP, which is currently only available to dealers. For security reasons, if anyone links your BMS and then restores the factory settings, there will be confusion,
So we haven't released the factory reset button,
3. As for the temporary password, we set the password mechanism of the back door at the same time around the world. This includes the BMS serial number problem you mentioned. This problem must require a serial number. If you do not set a specific password according to the serial number, it will also cause security problems,

Best Regards
hankzorbms
They never followed up (as usual) and I cannot recommend or suggest the use of JK Product until they get their act together.
I also decided now that I will not edit manuals or help any other product vendors/manufacturers again... Rule of 3 applied and 2 hard strikes for this bunch.

To think I replaced over 3 Grand (closer to 4) worth of Chargery BMS' for this - Oi...
Also had to order a replacement BMS from elsewhere to replace one that decided the MOS Temp was 122C even thought it isn't and never was.
All my BMS' came from one batch and were even sequentially numbered (serial numbers)....

Yeah, it's been a bit of a disappointment. I have a bunch of older versions (all 100A) on my batteries and I have no issues (and don't bother updating the app). However I won't recommend them anymore until they fix some of these issues. This could have been such a good product if they just get a couple of simple things right...

Yeah, it's been a bit of a disappointment. I have a bunch of older versions (all 100A) on my batteries and I have no issues (and don't bother updating the app). However I won't recommend them anymore until they fix some of these issues. This could have been such a good product if they just get a couple of simple things right...
They got worse in my opinion... I've also advised two of my suppliers and its not good for JK...
I was using the B2A24S15P and the replacement coming is a B2A24S20P
Because I have 6 Battery Packs in Parallel, no single BMS has to handle much because it's all shared out.

It appears that "some" people can install the latest 4.10.1 Version of the Droid App.

and the replacement coming is a B2A24S20P

Well I did do the update to 4.10.1, but it was on an apple phone IOS 16.2 on the Jk B2A20S20P. It did work for me however it also reset my cycle count. but at least my temp sensors are working and lost the warning.

I have another issue regarding my capacity not climbing above 185 Ah on a 280 Lifepo4 battery before the update ... though we had no sun today, I'm hoping tomorrow my second issue will be gone (if the sun comes out). I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, I know being down only 5 days for me was a killer.

Back