diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS Pairing Failure WTH ?

Choose your Device from the Scanned List. Swipe Left on the Status Page View Screen to get to the SETTINGS Page View or press Settings at the bottom of the page view. See bottom of screenshot outlined in Red. The Settings Page View will show your Verify Password / PIN and takes your 4 DIGIT PIN (Default = 1234).

Swipe Left on the Settings Page View and you will go to the Control Page View or Press Control at the Bottom of the Page View. Here there is a Verify Password / PIN button but it takes the 6 Digit PIN (Default is 123456)

This and other info is in the JK BMS User Guide which you can find online for whatever your BMS Model is.

Attachments

• JKBMS Verify 4 Digit Password-01.png
    JKBMS Verify 4 Digit Password-01.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
  • JKBMS Verify 6 Digit Password-02.png
    JKBMS Verify 6 Digit Password-02.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 4
I've not been able to find that BT password change area, Would you please put up a photo of that menu and location? Device list, meaning from the app page which scans/shows the several bms devices? On that initial screen, after bt scans it lists the two bms I have. The top far right initial page, has a menu, but no option to change thr bt password, even after bt logging in.

Correct, the device list is the one that pops up when you connect to the BMS.
You need to connect to the BMS first, then go back to the device list using the menu button in the top left of the app.

0-Edited-Screenshot_20240222-104741.jpg

When you get back to the device list there will be a pencil button next to the name of the BMS you are connected to.

1-Edited-Screenshot_20240222-102325.jpg

Click the pencil and it should give you the option to Modify Name, and Modify Password.

2-Edited-Screenshot_20240222-102338.jpg

Click Modify Password and it will prompt you for your old password and a new one.

3-Edited-Screenshot_20240222-102344.jpg

My BMS is new. The JK app doesn't appear to show options if it's not supported by your hardware version so hopefully this works for you.

When connecting to my 8s 200a the first time the 4 digit BT pairing was 1234 (same as my luggage). At first I thought it was 123456, and was mini freaking out the BT was broke.

Needless to say I changed the settings pwd to 1234, you know to match my luggage so I don’t forget it.

When connecting to my 8s 200a the first time the 4 digit BT pairing was 1234 (same as my luggage). At first I thought it was 123456, and was mini freaking out the BT was messed up

Needless to say I changed the settings pwd to 1234, you know to match my luggage so I don’t forget it.

Correct, the device list is the one that pops up when you connect to the BMS.
You need to connect to the BMS first, then go back to the device list using the menu button in the top left of the app.

View attachment 197613

When you get back to the device list there will be a pencil button next to the name of the BMS you are connected to.

View attachment 197606

Click the pencil and it should give you the option to Modify Name, and Modify Password.

View attachment 197607

Click Modify Password and it will prompt you for your old password and a new one.

View attachment 197610

My BMS is new. The JK app doesn't appear to show options if it's not supported by your hardware version so hopefully this works for you.
Excellent! Worked and solved my issue.

Thank you for making the detailed followthrough!

Back