diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS Android App after version 4.9.2 fail to install/upgrade. NOW FIXED After 4.17.0 (Dec.2023)

After looking found out there is new parameters supported. I can add -P JK02 to force the older protocol. They now default to JK04.
So ...
jkbms -p C8:47:8C:11:11:11 -P JK02 -c getCellData &>"$tmpfile"

DECEMBER 2023 Update

Well I just tried to update the JKBMS App on my Motorolla G Phone with the latest Adroid 12 from Motorolla, using GooglePlay and again it says my device is not compatible... The version on GooglePlay was updated on Dec 6, 2023.
So this means I am stuck on Version 4.9.2 and cannot update beyond that version.

NOW THE GOTCHA !
I've got several new JKBMS Inverter models coming to replace all in my bank. That BMS software is "new" and even appears to be what's available on GooglePlay. THAT software does not install SO.... yet another New Phone ???? I had to replace my other one because it only went to Android 7 when I got the current JKBMS, and so ....

I've sent many messages to the App Contacts, never heard a word, not even from Nami @ Hankzor to whom I mentioned it many times.

SO A HEADS UP WARNING
IF you cannot install the current software on your phone, you may need to Upgrade your Phone.
Which Phone and how long will they support its Android Version ? WHO THE HELL KNOWS !

EDIT - FLUKE !!!
I just thought to try the alternate site https://www.pgyer.com/Cfq3 Version 4.17.0 and install from there.
I picked install, it downloaded the app and then I had to select it & install from Downloads, and it ACTUALLY DID IT.
Gonna go out and see if it sees my bank.
NOTE : DO NOT LIKE !! It now asks for access to a LOT MORE than just GPS and states it will keep recording when not in use or etc... I Don't Like that at all... !!!
IT WORKS ON THE OLDER BMS' ! AND MY Android V.12 !
Why won't GooglePlay say it does.... ODD

Last edited:
What version is 4.17? that isn't on upnorth's archive, that'd be a brand new version judging by the number?

Has anyone tried to run this app on a computer in a virtual environment yet? I think I'll buy a bluetooth dongle and try that instead if not

They want GPS too wtf? so I just spoofed some random location
I guess I'll setup a VM people can run on their computer with a bluetooth dongle :cautious:

It isn't on the very old versions either. It was a bug as posted on my link and is now (mostly) fixed.

Back