diy solar

diy solar

Just finished my solar mount!

yep! IronRidge.

The UFO panel attachment is awesome. It made things really fast and easy.
Hi, I'm looking at a similar iron ridge design. What type (thickness) of 3 inch pipe is specified and about how much does it cost per foot? Thanks

Wow, very nice
About 22kw? That's a lot of juice!

I can't help but notice that in most every picture the shadows make it look like the array is facing the wrong way.

Congratulations, it looks beautiful.
Thank you! I'm super proud of how it turned out honestly. I've planned this out for nearly a year, and seeing my plans come together and work like I had hoped is super exciting

Hi, I'm looking at a similar iron ridge design. What type (thickness) of 3 inch pipe is specified and about how much does it cost per foot? Thanks
IronRidge has an online design tool you can use to find out exact specs. I sourced schedule 40 3" steel pipe for mine from a local metal supply place and had them cut to the lengths I needed. Mine was 338 total linear feet of pipe, which cost $3,500 total. 3 inch pipe has an outside diameter of 3.5" I believe, but IronRidge uses u-bolts you can get for either 2" or 3" pipe. Just depends on what spec your panel size/count/height and wind conditions indicate on the IronRidge tool. I don't know if I can link it here but just search for IronRidge design tool - it's free to use.

Looks good man!

Heck of an angle as well. I'd be curious how much earlier/later you'd gain some sun if the ends were a little more open...

Hopefully one day for me!

Looks good man!

Heck of an angle as well. I'd be curious how much earlier/later you'd gain some sun if the ends were a little more open...

Hopefully one day for me!
I picked 40 degrees as the angle for the mount in order to optimize for winter months on a fixed mount. I've way over paneled for summer sun conditions, and so the angle matters less during the summer anyway.

Back