diy solar

diy solar

Just in case I am not the only person using the Sigineer M6048D Off-grid Split-Phase inverter

Boo3

I've look in many places to determine the best settings for my Sigineer M6048D. It sees like there are very few of us out there in forums. After a year of trying to find out how to make my unit work in the way that fits my use; I have arrived at the settings that work for me.
There has been a problem in getting the WiFi dongle that came with the unit to work. It just won't set up for me. Tech support has sent me a few units, and none of them worked. So, I bought the Solar Assistant, configured if for the Growatt SPF, and now I can review the operation of this system online. Bravo! for Solar Assistant.
For those of you needing clues in setting up your Sigineer, I am showing my results here. Certainly you can ignore any of the choices I have made, but at least this is one place where someone shares the findings:

There are only two setups that I use for this system. If I am concerned with keeping my freezer, my refrigerator, and my water well powered in a way that reduces electricity bills, I use the SBU Priority.

If I want to have enough battery backup to withstand a night-time followed by a bad weather day, I use SOL Priority.

I have 4 12V LiFePO4 200AH batteries in series. So, there is no BMS port to plug into the inverter. I do have a monitor in the circuit to check instantaneous operation, but I also use a WiFi system (Solar Assistant) to keep track of events. (I was never able to get the WiFi datalogger to operated with my unit.) To enable Solar Assistant (SA) to work reasonably well, I told the program that my unit is a GroWatt SPF 6000 Watt

My SA program settings are:

Battery settings

Battery type: User
Charger source priority: Solar and utility simultaneously
Back to battery voltage: 53.0 V
To grid battery voltage: 51.0 V
Shutdown battery voltage: 50.0 V
Battery float charge voltage: 54.4 V
Battery absorption charge voltage: 56.4 V
Max charge current: 30.0 A
Max grid charge current: 30.0 A

Input/output settings
AC input voltage range: UPS
AC output frequency: 60 Hz
AC output voltage: 240 V
Output source priority: Solar/Battery/Utility
Overload restart: Don't restart

Miscellaneous settings
Buzzer Enabled
LCD backlight: Enabled
Over temperature restart: Restart
Power saving: Disabled

I also have the power management activated to switch to utility when battery drops to 30% and charge via utility until the battery rises 40%. That effectively prevents my SOC from going too low and allows the PV panels to provide a recharge without using only grid.

This chart shows the difference between SOL priority and SBU priority relative to its effect on battery state of charge (SOC).

battery SOC results between SOL and SBU short.jpg

This chart shows the amount of grid use between the earlier SOL priority and the later SBU priority

Grid use examples.jpg

For those who are using the Sigineer M6048D Off-Grid Split Phase inverter like mine without Solar Assistant, I offer my settings as an example that is working for my setup:

SOL Settings SBU Settings

1: SOL SBU
2: 30 30
3: UPS UPS
5: USE USE
6: LFD LFD
8: 240 240
9: 60 60
11: 30 30
12: 51 51.3
13: 53 53.3
14: SNU SNU
15: ON ON
16: ON ON
17: ON ON
19 56.4 56.4
20: 54.4 54.4
21: 50 50
22: 001 001
23: DL5 DL5
24: 58.4 58.4
25: 60 60
26: 120 120
27: 001 001
28: DL5 DL5

NOTE 1: 22 thru 28 are useless for me, but they are in the menu, so I list them.
NOTE 2: settings 12 and 13 seem to require a 2V difference as do settings 19 and 20.
NOTE 3: The USE setting will pay attention to 19, 20, and 21
NOTE 4: settings 12 and 13 work in both SOL and SBU modes
NOTE 5: SNU permits both solar and utility charging at the same time

This post will not allow me to space the list of settings the way I would like, so if you copy and past into your own document, you will have to do it yourself. Sorry.

Nice setup

I have a question my Dad has a sigeener 6048 also sometimes it restart when its overload. i see you have that configuration off nad his is on.

I had it on becasue in case something happen to the inverter. How much time do you have it with that setting?

Back