diy solar

diy solar

Just purchased 2 eg4 6000xp all in ones, eg4 li batteries and 30 solar panels.

dspero21

Hi all, I am a new member with limited experience setting up off grid solar systems. I have two eg4 6000xps and so far, 20 400w solar panels mounted on a ground mount system. I know that the 6000xp units have specific constraints in terms of max pv input of 480V and 8 kw max input. My question is what is the best way to configure pv input into this system for 20 panels? My panels are canadian solar 400 watts with 37 Voc. To complicate issues I live in Vermont where Temps in winter can dip to -25 F. I would appreciate any suggestions and help.

I'd try using the panel calculator in my signature to find the right combination that stays under max voltage. On 480v I'd aim for 430 or so to stay safe.

I'd try using the panel calculator in my signature to find the right combination that stays under max voltage. On 480v I'd aim for 430 or so to stay safe.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of setting up 4 strings of 5 panels in series. That way I figure a voltage input of 37v x 5 panels or 185 v of input for each of the 4 pv inputs (2 pv inputs per 6000xp unit. This would allow for increased voltage in low Temps.

Just be careful not to go under the minimum voltage too.

If its calls for 120v min as an example I want to stay over 160v on the string or it won't be producing in cloudy weather at times.

Back