diy solar

diy solar

Just upgraded to Lithium, battery dies often, what is my solar system missing?

thanks for the detailed reply. what are your thoughts on me placing this in an environment with lots of dust (not optimal, i know, but it's the reality). think I should go with the IP65 which seems to be made for dusty/wet environments? or do you think it's not a big deal and a dusty environment wont harm the BMV712?

BMV-712 is IP21, so it would need suitable protection. The requirement is that the shunt be the only thing between the battery (-) and all loads/chargers. It does not need to be AT the battery. If your battery (-) enters a protected area before loads/chargers, the shunt could be installed at that location.

BMV-712 is IP21, so it would need suitable protection. The requirement is that the shunt be the only thing between the battery (-) and all loads/chargers. It does not need to be AT the battery. If your battery (-) enters a protected area before loads/chargers, the shunt could be installed at that location.
Ok, well all my tech listed above (and all the new stuff) is in the dust zone. so I guess I should go with the IP65 one then, and suck up the limited Bluetooth range. thanks SO much for the replies @sunshine_eggo

Back