diy solar

diy solar

Langkawi Battery Store

I have not heard of them, they do not have any feedback (good or bad) and are about 6 months old so there isn't much to go off of

You could try contacting the manufacturer via Alibaba to see if they will ship to NZ? When I was looking into it, they were willing to do small orders.
Jiangsu Frey

How did you check shipping to NZ? On Alibaba direct or did you contact sellers?

Shipping options and prices on Alibaba are completely inaccurate. Just contact a reputable seller and ask, eg Amy at Luyuan

Also note, some sellers won't reply soon due to CNY. Better wait till March so everyone is back in the office and in regular business.

Thank you very much for the thoughts team. I will contact the manufacturers.
I contacted the seller and Langkawi seems willing to ship to NZ for about $350 USD which is heaps but that's what you get for living at the bottom of the world I guess... (looking for 16 100Ah fortune packs)

For reference, here is the quote I received from Jiangsu Frey (about 3-4 months ago now) for 16 x 100Ah cells shipped to west coast of the United States:
so if you buy 16pcs 100AH cells, then the total amount is $71.20 * 16pcs + $343.65 shipping = $1483 Total
This was the total price including all duties, tariffs, and shipping.

This was the specific cell I was inquiring about.

Has anyone actually successfully imported LCL/FCL shipments of LiFePO4 batteries into New Zealand. I made requests to three different freight-forwarders here in New Zealand for indicative pricing. No word from two of them, but one replied back that it is impossible to do a less-than-container load (LCL) and that even a FCL shipment is very difficult to get out of China. I don't think I'll like the pricing if I am ever able to pry that out of them.

For reference, they are quote it based upon UN3840 classification. Modules with a BMS and case should probably be classed as UN3841.
  • UN 3480, Lithium ion batteries
  • UN 3481, Lithium ion batteries packed with equipment
  • UN 3481, Lithium ion batteries contained in equipment

Back