diy solar

diy solar

Li ion 11kw ex solar farm batteries

MrNoo

Eve all, I have had a 24Mw solar farm ( plus 49Mw storage) built on my land and have managed to get 8x11kw li ion batteries, these along with 48 others were due to be scrapped (I tried to get more but they wouldn’t let me have any more!) they are unused and discarded due to damage to the pallet packaging.
8BC37FC7-EB6F-4B3B-81D1-EFA2F43196B2.jpeg
I would like to use 2 to connect to my Iconica 12kw semi off grid hybrid inverter, this does have the ability to charge li ion and also adjust and set charging perimeters etc etc.
I note upon taking the cover off it seems to have a type of BMS system but unsure as obviously it uses a different plug to my inverter.
C02EB95F-38EE-4310-BE40-BE88697EB2AF.jpeg
So just asking really how would one go about using them? Would I be better using a known BMS eg a Daly or try and find the pin outs from the existing plug and make a converter lead to go to my RJ45 inverter plug?
They are 14s batteries, I am relatively new to the world of solar so would be interested in thoughts on how to use them without burning my house down!!!
A pic of the top cover having been removed
BC1A0BEB-7806-4BC7-A687-0B16ED0F7FFF.jpeg
659AD7E0-0076-4007-BD37-30B561785FDA.jpeg

Yes get your own BMS, just make sure it can be programmed to 14 cells at 4.2v per cell. JK and JBD can for sure.
You should be able to figure out the wiring from the existing wires and connector, is is 14 cells for sure.

Can i just say :love::love::love::love:

EXTREME JEALOUSY

Can some of that stuff fall off the truck over here?!
I had to load 48 onto a lorry destined for scrap! Bonkers, it was only through a discrepancy on the lease that I had leverage to get the two pallets worth. Tried but couldn’t get any more!
0D55D688-48BF-4BE4-B3BD-6C53DBD73076.jpeg
Loaded!!! 48x11Kw all brand new….!

That is very sad.

Also sad to think, if governments ever do fully implement 'cradle to grave' responsibility for these sorts of things, nothing will ever 'fall off the truck' ever again.

I mean, it'll fall off.. but then it'll be picked back up and put on another truck and get ruined the rest of the way by some company that will bill the first company a bajillion dollars, and everything will be more expensive and noone will get cheap 'downcycled' anything anymore.

Eve all, I have had a 24Mw solar farm ( plus 49Mw storage) built on my land and have managed to get 8x11kw li ion batteries, these along with 48 others were due to be scrapped (I tried to get more but they wouldn’t let me have any more!) they are unused and discarded due to damage to the pallet packaging.
View attachment 114941
I would like to use 2 to connect to my Iconica 12kw semi off grid hybrid inverter, this does have the ability to charge li ion and also adjust and set charging perimeters etc etc.
I note upon taking the cover off it seems to have a type of BMS system but unsure as obviously it uses a different plug to my inverter.
View attachment 114942
So just asking really how would one go about using them? Would I be better using a known BMS eg a Daly or try and find the pin outs from the existing plug and make a converter lead to go to my RJ45 inverter plug?
They are 14s batteries, I am relatively new to the world of solar so would be interested in thoughts on how to use them without burning my house down!!!
A pic of the top cover having been removed
View attachment 114944
View attachment 114945
Did the lease required them to be destroyed or recycled?

Did the lease required them to be destroyed or recycled?
No they were nothing to do with the lease, contractually they should have done something but they didn’t and couldn’t. So I made it clear I could have been awkward or easy over the matter depending if batteries were forthcoming!!
Obviously they were concerned re liability.
I believe they were going for “ testing” but ultimately destroyed.
The lease is just a land lease, I don’t own any of the plant, couldn’t afford it!! £50 million was the build cost. GE handled all the battery storage aspect

Back