diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 charge problem after reassemble. Any help?

Thank you very much everyone.

I have decided to disassemble once more in a few days when my partner is back and then sand all contact areas as well as using an aluminium contact grease before putting it back together. Looking at the replies it seems very likely that it's predominantly the battery assembly itself. Especially as the rest of the system had not been disassembled.

Unfortunately we don't have a thermal camera, but I touched every contact point and there where no warm/hot connections.

Thank you very much everyone.

I have decided to disassemble once more in a few days when my partner is back and then sand all contact areas as well as using an aluminium contact grease before putting it back together. Looking at the replies it seems very likely that it's predominantly the battery assembly itself. Especially as the rest of the system had not been disassembled.

Unfortunately we don't have a thermal camera, but I touched every contact point and there where no warm/hot connections.
And take LOTS OF PICTURES! Post em here!

So, he's back and fixed it.

As probably mentioned, we were in a bit of a rush when reassembling the battery pack, as we had some flights booked from a different location and needed to get there in time.

Turned out that one of the BMS measuring cables had been connected wrongly, which in turn lead to the BMS shutting charging off to early.
Apart from this he cleaned the aluminium bus bars and reassembled with aluminium grease.

All good now as it seems, we've got normal charge coming in.

Thanks for your help everyone. We surely will reassemble more diligently next time.

Back