diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 decision - what didn't know

Trukinbear

Solar Enthusiast
Wow, if anyone is on the fence about taking the plunge on LiFePo4 batteries, here's what I wish I'd known years earlier. These things are so much more efficient than my old FLA that they're going to pay for themselves quite quickly. It turns out that nearly 50% of my energy was being wasted by my FLA battery - just the diesel savings in the winter will pay for these LiFePo4 batteries in a few years. All these years I thought I used a lot more power to run this place, but actually now I see that I don't.

Attachments

• PXL_20240524_201555352~2.jpg
    PXL_20240524_201555352~2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 14
Yeah I had been slowly learning about solar equipment since 2016 before Lithium looked like an affordable alternative.

In 2022 when I really started imminently planning the system I looked at all the BMS complexity and briefly decided that I should buck this new trend and get a good old back of fully recyclable and more sustainable good old north american lead.

It was rediscovering the RTE numbers that fully squashed that plan. Bring on the Chinese greased lightning.

yep at this point. Even liking lead acid. Financially we couldn't afford to replace/upgrade to new lead acid. Going from 8800wh of lead acid to 15000wh of lithium... For us it was around 2/3rd less to get lithium. We are going the diy route.

Curious, did everyone get a message to shorten their signature today, or am I just lucky?

diy solar

diy solar
Back