diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 heater solution

Sonnyboy

I am looking for a solution to this problem: 2 100ah lifepo4 weize batteries, 800w solar on roof of shed. In the gloomy New England winter, my agm backup battery lasts way longer due to no charge cut off. I am looking to install a heater pad under the lifepo4 batteries but only want to have it power on when the lifepo4 batts can charge, during sunlight.
Proposed Solution: I have a 20w panel that powers a fan in the summer. I would like to use that panel in the winter to charge my agm battery through a separate Epever charge controller. So the heating solution will be separate from the other system. I will run a timer(https://www.walmart.com/ip/Timer-Sw...7?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101252734) from the battery not an Inkbird temp controller and then into the heating pad. Does that sound right to you? How would you fuse it?

Sounds like you need a diverter to run the heaters from the panels when your battery temperature is too low, then when the batteries warm up it switches to charging the batteries.

Sounds like you need a diverter to run the heaters from the panels when your battery temperature is too low, then when the batteries warm up it switches to charging the batteries.
That sounds interesting. Do you use one, if so which one? Thanks!

Back