diy solar

diy solar

LifePO4 heater pads

Sonnyboy

I am in Vermont and want to add heating pads to my battery box in a shed that powers a small freezer. I’ve read a few threads on what people have done but none that have the heater pads turn on by timer or sunlight. If the panels are not getting any sunlight, I don’t want to waste battery energy to heat them. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have two-three 100ah lifepo4 seize batteries with built in bms. I have noticed in the cold, my back up agm 67ah battery will last much longer probably due to the temps/charging restrictions of the lifepo4.

Thanks

I am in Vermont and want to add heating pads to my battery box in a shed that powers a small freezer. I’ve read a few threads on what people have done but none that have the heater pads turn on by timer or sunlight. If the panels are not getting any sunlight, I don’t want to waste battery energy to heat them. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have two-three 100ah lifepo4 seize batteries with built in bms. I have noticed in the cold, my back up agm 67ah battery will last much longer probably due to the temps/charging restrictions of the lifepo4.

Thanks

I keep 8 x 100aH (2S4P) batteries at 70F with a single heating pad in an insulated box. It is on a timer when nights will be getting too cold.

Back