diy solar

diy solar

LiFePO4 UPS

Well, that is a pretty awfull blanket statement right there.
there is no Good or Bad. there are cycle charts that each cell manufacturer provides that gives you the results of their tests based on multiple changing variables. 1c, 3c, 5c, 10 c and 20c discharge. same for Charging. there are so many variables and types of LFP cells and each come with its own values. I could fill this post with datasheets.

LFP currently are being Floated by multiple legacy RV chargers around the country. to just say that they will fail if implemented that way is just WRONG.
Specially when you have major manufacturer giving 10 year warranty on their LFP batteries even if you float your LFP batteries at 13.6V.

as a Staff member, you should not be generalizing .
In this forum...
We educate.
And blanket statement or not...
Lfp lifespans diminish rapidly if stored at 100%
I would bet most lfp manufacturers warranties have loopholes in them to this point.
Floating below 13.6 should alleviate the issue... but the off the shelf UPS that is not programmable... left plugged in 24/7 year after year will degrade the lfp.
I'd LOVE it if my ups boxes could have just slapped in a lfp and last 10 years... or longer, since I wouldn't be cycling much.
But that pesky dendrite problem just rears its head... bloating and dead cells would ensue.

Back