diy solar

diy solar

lifepower4 stops charging at 94%

Trees are great, but they've pretty much done the bulk of their duty removing carbon from the environment. Cut 'em down and plant new ones to suck up that carbon... :p
lol I did take down the largest tree cuz it was half dead. Got some others going mostly fruit
I got 5 infant pawpaw trees and 30 more seeds going to start in a few weeks
they don't grow so big (nor fast.. .sloooow) but they do give north america's largest native fruit!

If you have EG4's you should download the tool and upgrade the firmware on your batteries. It fixes a number of issues, top-balancing being one of them.

If you have EG4's you should download the tool and upgrade the firmware on your batteries. It fixes a number of issues, top-balancing being one of them.
Recently? I read about the firmware upgrades (before buying them) and the bugs were from early this year but mine is only 2 months old or so

Recently? I read about the firmware upgrades (before buying them) and the bugs were from early this year but mine is only 2 months old or so
I've upgraded my firmware in the last 2 months. The software will tell you what release you are on. Worst case is you find out they shipped you batteries with the latest and greatest firmware. Doubtful but possible.

I can assure you nobody un-boxed your battery and upgraded the firmware from the time it left the factory in China...
I would doubt the BMS component that was used in manufacture was upgraded as it was being assembled either.

1702882685560.png

Oh figured it was automated to newest firmware on assembly line like stuff usually is hahah rip

Scroll down get the firmware and BMS test utility. Assuming you have a USB to RS-485 cable for the PC.
pretty sure it came with that cable.. or at least something did, I have one I haven't used

Does the software actually run on linux? looks like you have old gnome 2 UI stuff.. cinnamon or mate DE?

Last edited:
Oh figured it was automated to newest firmware on assembly line like stuff usually is hahah rip
Same as a motherboard. Once you have a working configuration for manufacture that is what you build. Changing firmware requires a QA cycle that costs money.
pretty sure it came with that cable.. or at least something did, I have one I haven't used
Pretty simple cable. Any CH340/RS-485 adapter had for < $10 amazon/ebay and an old ethernet cord will do fine. I have another post with the wire-out.
Does the software actually run on linux? looks like you have old gnome 2 UI stuff.. cinnamon or mate DE?
Nope, I have an old Win7 laptop I used for automotive cruft b4 the EV's, worked fine on it. I run KDE Plasma on Bullseye/Bookworm everywhere. Gnome utilities like ARK use stuff from the default gnome themes, but rounded corners and soft-contrasts are not my goto thing in desktops.

Motherboards do ship with updated bios firmware 99% of the time. I've been in tech decades and never seen them not ship with the newest versions after about a month of release.

Yea my windows 7 VM on kvm/qemu for the ZKETECH charger.. I can't run usb all the way to the battery since it's like 40ft away ?

Back