diy solar

diy solar

LIFEPOWER4 with Solark/Deye Victron, Schneider, data logging and 32 pack support with the communication hub

Does this provide the same function as adding one master EG4-LL Lithium Battery (V2) to a bank of EG4-LifePower4 batteries?

It certainly is a cheaper solution.

How many batteries can be paralleled?

Does this work with other brand BMS?

It has one RS485 port for an EG4 inverter. What is the method to connect more than one EG4 inverter, say two 6500EX in parallel?
Wouldn’t you just connected to the master inverter?

Edit, just answered here:

Last edited:
The guy in the video never goes back to answer the comments. Should I assume that this video doesn't apply to EG4-LL (V1) and the firmware update for EG4-LL (V1) provides the same functionality as this hub for communication with Victron products?
yes, -LL has firmware for all versions to support victron via CAN

Still trying to wrap my head around this product. Does this allow you to combine a mix of LifePower4 and LL batteries together and have one control point, no need for firmware updates individually or messing with individual batteries in any way?

Just bought one of these to integrate EG LifePower4 battery with the Victron Cerbro.
Not off to a good start. The install was easy, mounting was simple. Tthe power doesn't have an inline fuse which I had to add myself. The Hub was able to see all the 48V LifePower4 packs and two 24 volt in series (this maybe a problem). The Victron Cerbro is not able to see any data coming from the EG4 Hub on the CAN BMS interface. Now the device is rebooting over and over, stating initializing SD card and the reboots.

I sent Signature Solar and email for support and waiting for a reply.

Just bought one of these to integrate EG LifePower4 battery with the Victron Cerbro.
Not off to a good start. The install was easy, mounting was simple. Tthe power doesn't have an inline fuse which I had to add myself. The Hub was able to see all the 48V LifePower4 packs and two 24 volt in series (this maybe a problem). The Victron Cerbro is not able to see any data coming from the EG4 Hub on the CAN BMS interface. Now the device is rebooting over and over, stating initializing SD card and the reboots.

I sent Signature Solar and email for support and waiting for a reply.
I also had mine go into a perpetual reboot just a bit ago this morning after turning it on. I had it off at the switch for just a few minutes to rearrange my cat5 cables now that everything is communicating. I removed the SD card and it went back to normal. Signature Solar got back to me and let me know the SD card just needs to be reformatted in FAT32.

Last edited:
I also had mine go into a perpetual reboot just a bit ago this morning after turning it on. I had it off at the switch for just a few minutes to rearrange my cat5 cables now that everything is communicating. I removed the SD card and it went back to normal. Signature Solar got back to me and let me know the SD card just needs to be reformatted in FAT32.
I tried formatting the SD card before and it didn't work. Looks like you have to do the below to fix the reboot loop with the SD card. now to figure out why I have no CAN bus communication still.

1) Power down hub via switch
2) remove SD Card
3) Format SD Card FAT32
4) insert SD card in hub
5) disconnect all external comm cables (CAN, 232,485)
6) Power on Hub via switch
7) reconnect comm cables (CAN, 232,485)

I tried formatting the SD card before and it didn't work. Looks like you have to do the below to fix the reboot loop with the SD card. now to figure out why I have no CAN bus communication still.

1) Power down hub via switch
2) remove SD Card
3) Format SD Card FAT32
4) insert SD card in hub
5) disconnect all external comm cables (CAN, 232,485)
6) Power on Hub via switch
7) reconnect comm cables (CAN, 232,485)
I was able to reformat the SD card and all is well with mine. Seems to be communicating fine with my sol-ark through the CAN port. I think my finger slipped of the rocker switch when I was turning it off and caused it to power on/off quickly and that caused the issue with the SD card. Signature Solar confirmed if you cycle power too quickly or remove the card with it powered up this can happen. Good luck getting yours working with the Victron.

I was able to reformat the SD card and all is well with mine. Seems to be communicating fine with my sol-ark through the CAN port. I think my finger slipped of the rocker switch when I was turning it off and caused it to power on/off quickly and that caused the issue with the SD card. Signature Solar confirmed if you cycle power too quickly or remove the card with it powered up this can happen. Good luck getting yours working with the Victron.
OK, Looks like it got the Victron communication working to the EG Hub. Turns out a straight trough cable will NOT work. Would of been nice if the documentation had the pin out for the EG Hub side. After looking up the Victron Cerbro CAN BMS pin out and the assuming the pin out of the HUb was the same as the EG battery V2 BMS CAN pin out I was able to get it working. The working pin out setup is below to make a custom cable. Now to deal with the stupid reformatting of the SD card because I bumped the power button which caused the rebooting loop.
Overall this device works but needs some coding fix's. I wish it showed more details about the batterys but it's better than nothing for now.

Cerbo <> EG Hub
4 <> 7
5 <> 8
4, 5 - Battery Side
7, 8 - Cerbo Side

OR Buy the custom cable from Signature solar for a Victron Cerbo to EG4 hub

4 & 5 Pin Battery End
7 & 8 Pin Inverter End

Now that I looked at the below screen shots it looks like the Hub is not reporting the Amps and watts. Maybe I need the SD card inserted to report that data
1680306524855.png
1680306595189.png
1680306674932.png

Last edited:
One more thing I ran across, the hub sends the same max charge voltage setting to the the bulk/absorb, equalization, and float parameters on the Sol-ark inverter. So once charged the batteries continue to receive the 56.2 volts I have programmed in as max charge instead of dropping down to 54 volts for float as I had previously before setting up the hub, I imagine that isn't doing anything good for the batteries.

Back