diy solar

diy solar

Limiter Settings

addision

OK, I have read and read and i don't clearly see what i am looking for.

I have dual 12k's, 1 18.5k battery, critical loads panel and grid tied (no grid sell back contract yet). I do not have grid sell checked and I have tried switching from limit to load and limit to home.

Two issues i want to overcome.

1. When my battery needs charged, I do not want the grid to charge it. It always wants to pull electricity from the grid in addition to the amount coming from the solar panels. I just want the solar to charge the batteries unless I allow it to pull from grid.

2. I need to limit how much is being fed back to main service panel. I have the CT's on and the arrow towards the grid. However, when I look at my meter it keeps wanting to push to the grid. I cant have that yet as I don't have my agreement with the utility. So I just want to offset the loads being used.

For my preferred setup it would be to have solar power critical loads, charge battery and excess sent to offset home usage but no grid selling.

What should my settings be? Is there a time of use I should be setting? I don't know!

Please reply with a complete component list (solar array, voltage, inverter specs, battery bank, etc). If possilbe provide links to the manuals too, this all helps diagnosing and problem solving. Then we can try and help you out.

Back