diy solar

diy solar

KISAE settings ..... ?

davecason

Hi,

I'm hooking back up a battery pack to a KISAE 2000W Inverter/Charger and I have a question about "tweaking" the charging settings.
The batteries are four (4) standard LiFePO4 cells from Basen in China. They are:

3.2 V LiFePo4 Cell
Capacity: 272 Ah
Voltage: 3.24 V
IR: 0.12 m Ohm
So there's the 4 in series with the buss bars all ready to go

I'm sending the output of the battery pack to a Kisae BIC1220080 but I want to play with the charging feature of the KISAE. I don't have a BMS on the system right now so I'd be relying on the KISAE to charge up the battery pack only. I think the best option is to use the PGM mode on he battery type and set it for :

KISAE BIC1220080 Manual - Page 15

Batt Low Disconnect: 11.8V
Batt Low Warn: 12.0V
Batt Low Recovery: 12.1V
Buzzer: OFF
AC Charger; ON
Batt Type: PGM
Bulk Current; 80 A (default)
Bulk / Absorb Voltage: 13.8V ?
Absorb to Float Current: 8A (default)
Float Voltage: 13.4V
Recharge Voltage: 13.2 ?
Batt Temp: NOR (default) 15-35C

What do you think about those manual settings ....... any suggestions? And thanks for reading this post too !

Cheers'
Dave

The best option is to install a BMS first so you don't damage your cells.

So you're saying battery pack to a BMS and then from the BMS to the KISAE ...... OK if that's the case I will (once I get anew BMS)
but then that still doesn't eliminate what would be the prefered settings if I did want to try the KISAE's charging option.

Ideally someone can suggest a set of values for the output of the inverter/charger that would be great! O course having a new BMS in between the two would be better because that BMS will so it's job to keep battery and its 4 cells balanced and charged properly so in a way no matter what the KISAE's charging settings would be set to - the BMS would keep the battery and each cell happy.

I still think there are "prefered" settings to use with that KISAE when the charging feature is turned on...... This is just playtime with the unit and trying the inverter/charger in its "auto backup" mode where its functioning like a UPS and it'll switch to the battery set as soon as the AC from the utility disappears.

Once I get the new BMS I'll go back to using it as it's plain INVERTER mode as normal, and all those charger setting options become moot.

Ideally, no one would help you with this fool's errand. Just wait to until you have a BMS. An inverter/charger is not a precision charging device. It will just do it's thing and the voltage it measures may not be the same as the actual voltage of the battery pack. Literally no upside to trying this, while downside is you ruin a bunch of expensive equipment or start a fire or something.

Back