diy solar

diy solar

Lipo and AGM battery's together?

grebaba

I have 2 battery banks. One with 4 100 ah lipo and the other with 6 200 ah agm's.
I have 2 solar CC's so have been charging them separate.
I use a bus bar to connect the batterys to the inverter and was wondering if I would run into problems with both banks hooped to the same bus bar or if this would kill one of the banks.
Thanks
Greg

I have 2 battery banks. One with 4 100 ah lipo and the other with 6 200 ah agm's.
I have 2 solar CC's so have been charging them separate.
I use a bus bar to connect the batterys to the inverter and was wondering if I would run into problems with both banks hooped to the same bus bar or if this would kill one of the banks.
Thanks
Greg
Could you define lipo to the exact chemistry?

Both will charge at 14.4 volts together just fine. Although AGM probably needs a longer absorption time than the LFP.

While in use the voltage of the LFP is higher than the AGM so a certain amount of power will be lost into the AGM.

Best to avoid the combination. Possible to use the LFP until the voltage drops to match the AGM resting voltage then combine to continue discharge. But by the time LFP is down to the AGM voltage the LFP is about spent.

I would tend to use the AGM hard and use them up while saving for replacement for moving all to LFP.

Ok
Sounds like good advice. I am looking into buying another 4 LEP's before the Christmas sale is over.
The bad thing is I have bought the AGM's over the current year and it is going to take a while for them to wear out I hope.
Thanks
Greg

Back