diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a Droid Tablet that will run Overkill BMS's app

Deryk_the_Gypsy

Since cyber monday is coming up and the $35 droid tablet I bought that wouldn't connect to the blue tooth on the bms, so I figure other people might be using a tablet for it, what tablet's will work?

thanks

deryk

Yeah I have the same problem on my Samsung tab. I downloaded from overkill and followed all the steps and it shows the icon but the Bluetooth will not connect. I have it on my iPhone though and it works well. Just BT issues on the Android. ?

yeah, it works on my droid phone but the whole dashboard doesn't display right so I figured spend 40 bucks and get a tablet just for this app.... hopefully someone does. Would I need an ipad? sorry not a mac person, worked in IT, always with pc's.

I did message him to ask. I think from what that site showed the m8 runs blue tooth 5.0 and it should be backwards compliant. I tried an emulator for my surface book 2 but the app wouldn't run at all.

It works better on an old Android phone than my new one. I don't know what the advantage would be of a larger screen size, like on a notebook. ?

Writing an app that works on all devices is a major pain in the butt.
Ask me how I know? LOL.
I could do without the GUI.
Just let me run a Bluetooth terminal and send queries to the BMS in ASCII and have it respond in ASCII.

what version of the app?is it from the APP store?use the one that overkill links from the website.add store does not work.

I tried waking the blue tooth module with my phone launch the app hit the button to restart the bluetooth close the app on my phone look on the tablet and it would see the bms app and i tried clicking it but it doesn't sync with it and when i launch the app on the tablet it just doesn't connect. it is possible the cheap tablet might have an older style blue tooth unit ...don't know. I have a new cell phone coming tomorrow so will see what the app looks like on it...would be awesome if it displayed what my current phone doesn't lol

Back