diy solar

diy solar

Looking for Battleborn style BMS with lots of 8g lead space and iPhone app, bluetooth

Fish Freak

I fish frequently
Ok so my last post sucked. Was just too wordy and got no response. Here's a summary of what I'm looking for:

I'd like to 'DIY' two different LifePO4 batteries with bluetooth iOS iPhone control, so like lead-acid replacements in these capacities;

1. One for deep-cycle use (group 27 lead replacement), shooting for 100Ah, about 60 amp draw max and used in series for 36v, and...

2. One for combo use (been using a group 31 style lead), deep cycle/engine starting battery, and I'm targeting about a 125Ah LifePO4. I'll be using either or 4 Fortune 100's, or 4 RJ Energy 125's (Lol, or used sinopoly) prismatic cells for all.

Here's where I'm just speculating:
It appears that LifePO4 'cold cranking amps' are different than lead batteries, and guys right now are successfully using 100Ah to 125Ah LifePO4 drop-ins, like Battleborn and Ionics, that have about 250-300 LifePO4 burst 'cranking' amps in replacement for 1,000-1,100 amp lead-acid CCA's. Now, I don't really think that these drop-in batteries really have 250-300 amp BMS's, as Will revealed when he cut open a Battleborn 100Ah (or was it 125 Ah?) battery, the BMS clearly says on it: 100 amp charging/discharging current. Is that possible? Can a battery with a good quality 100 amp BMS, for 2-3 seconds, deliver 300 amps without overheating the mosfets, without relays, without triggering it's protection, with no problems over time?

If not no biggie, I'll pay a little more for a better BMS because I only need one cranker, and for that one I'd really like to duplicate the quality on this BB, I mean, check out those FIVE 8 gauge wires, in and out, and that massive brass bus bar going to each strong flat terminal!! I wanna make it. Is that too much to ask? If you know of a BMS that can do this, please, PLEASE chime in!! WILL?!?

Here's Battleborn's 100 amp BMS with big brass bars ;) ! Say that 5 times real fast...
Battleborn 100Ah Cut appart.jpg

Back