diy solar

diy solar

Looking for ideas on ground mount for dual Ecoflow Delta Pro setup

LittleLebowski

Solar Enthusiast
I’ve got two Ecoflow Delta Pros and one spare battery each along with the double voltage hub and a Reliance Controls 10-Circuit 30 Amp Manual Transfer Switch Kit I need to install. Next is buying PV panels and figuring out a durable but somewhat temporary ground mount setup as I plan on selling this house next year, but would like to dip my toe into solar ASAP. I am looking for advice selecting panels (I’m in Northern Virginia) and finding an easy to execute home array building plan for the panel support structure. I don’t have access to a welder.

These battery power pack devices have specific solar panel requirements (and some only allow their own branded units) so it is a bit hard to give much advice. If you are just looking for a temporary means of propping up some panels just build a frame out of wood. Some 2x4 and 4x4's. Since you plan on moving it would not make much sense to over think it.

I went with (8) 440 watt Canadian solar panels hooked up in series/parallel and Ecofoot2+ and clamps ground mount kit by Unirac. You only get a maximum of 10 degrees tilt in landscape, however that is all I need right now. I probably get about 2400kw peak on a summer sunny day between both strings.

Attachments

• 20220817_085831.jpg
    20220817_085831.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 23
I went with (8) 440 watt Canadian solar panels hooked up in series/parallel and Ecofoot2+ and clamps ground mount kit by Unirac. You only get a maximum of 10 degrees tilt in landscape, however that is all I need right now. I probably get about 2400kw peak on a summer sunny day between both strings.
4 panels per string/Ecoflow, @RLM4JC?

Yes, hooked up on n series/parallel. You will need 2 pairs of branch connnectors to keep your voltage under 150v per string.

With 8 335w panels having VoC at 45.9v and VMP of 37.65 giving me not much over 600w peak on a good day for either of my EFDPs, is there way to get more watts? Reconfigure, buy more panels?

Last edited:
Back