diy solar

diy solar

Low cost balcony railing mount for Solar panels. : )

I will need to read through this thread for ideas. If the deck gets enough light would it make sense to just "hang" bifacials or is there too much wind load?

I like to see poeple come up with great ideas to mount their panels, you are very cleaver and inventive. Great job. you power room is also well thought out and the wiring is clean with no messes. If you batteries are in parallel you may want to look at Victronenergy.com, download section,then Tech information, then The Wiring Unlimited Book around page 19, it shows the best configuration for parallel batteries. Great views.
The information at the link you kindly provided was of great help.

I am about to change the feed points to diagonally instead of to one of the four batteries.

That looked to be the simplest option out of those suggested in the article.

While testing for some time with a higher load of about 1.5kw, the leads that came with the inverter became warm, there four of 100 amp each, two in parallel on positive and two on negative.

I know this is not sufficient for the maximum of the inverter 3kw, I shall replace or parallel other cable there.

All other cables are home made from electric board feed cable and remained cold, these are mostly doubled up.

They are not flexible as such, but I used to work with very heavy coaxial on RT towers, it was like working with gas pipe : )

A lot is said about different types of stranded cable and the electric board feed cable is probably frowned upon, but it remains cold under high loads.

Great, the Victron web site is full of great information, not only for there equipment but for wiring in general, I get a lot of good information from there wireing diagrams for different systems. Such as fusing and breaker location in a system. Yes Diagonal for your batteries will help them charge and discharge more equally.

I can Dream : )

Attachments

• I can dream.JPG
    I can dream.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 10
Back