diy solar

diy solar

Low Voltage DC Battery Relay to 120V AC Contactor

BlueMarblePA

Solar Enthusiast
I need the wisdom of the group.

I have a 24V 100Ah battery Battleborn LiFePo4 charged by solar 1.1kW. In the summer, I want to run an electric pool vacuum cleaner 180watts. I want to create a low voltage DC disconnect.

I am new to this, and I have no electrical background.

I am thinking I need a low voltage disconnect relay that sends a signal in low amps

OR this one

Then the signal needs to connect to the 120V high amperage AC line black/neutral through this contactor

I am confused, though. One is sending DC current, and the other is expecting AC current. I just want to sense low battery DC voltage and then shut off AC current and stop my vacuum cleaner which will be on a timer.

Your inverter should have low voltage disconnect. Are you looking to build something that has a different voltage cut out?

Your inverter should have low voltage disconnect. Are you looking to build something that has a different voltage cut out?
I was thinking of just letting the battery bms do its thing disconnecting at low voltage, but it seems that the restart procedure requires connecting it to a high amperage car battery to wake it up.

Hence I want to disconnect before I reach that low of a voltage

Do you know what voltage your inverter shuts down at. My inverter stops before my battery BMS cuts out. No wake up needed.
I looked this up. Unfortunately my inverter low voltage cut off is too low. I think it would work for lead acid battery? But not for lifepo4?

Does your inverter have remote ON/OFF terminal? spec of the inverter?
It does have a remote. Cotek sk-1500 24v model.

I tried to figure out the wiring to turn it on and off with the telephone wire cable? I couldn't find it, but this would be another option

Back